DIY Seven Segment Display Tachometer in Alto

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends
Finally I successfully fit digital seven segment Tacho on my Alto.

I got this from ebay. Check it

1) locate the tacho signal Brown color wire.
2) Place SSD counter counter in dash
3) wire them together.

there are two settings for divider value and rotation / frequency selection must be done with switches on tacho. It is explained in the ebay item description.

4) Also I checked with bluetooth OBD connector and Torque android program on my phone.
it gives correct RPM.

Attachments

Re: DIY seven segment display TACHO in Alto

Excellent DIY buddy[thumbsup]. First the temperature gauge and now this. Your Alto is surely getting a lot of upgrades.

Wow !! So which OBD are you using ? Can you please check in any 800 and let me know if it works.

Can we connect this RPM gauge to ignition coil as my car doesn't have any wire / signal from ECU for RPM.

Thread Starter #5
Excellent DIY buddy[thumbsup]. First the temperature gauge and now this. Your Alto is surely getting a lot of upgrades.
thanks Akash ....

Wow !! So which OBD are you using ? Can you please check in any 800 and let me know if it works.

I use vgate bluetooth connector. also from ebay. check it here
i will check it as soon as possible. please let me know the location of OBD connector in 800.
if you can txt me the location to +94716044451 because I'm going to meet 800 user tonight.

Can we connect this RPM gauge to ignition coil as my car doesn't have any wire / signal from ECU for RPM.
according to description in ebay it can read pulses (even high voltage) but i did not receive any manual or document when i purchase it. but if we can input any pulse, I think it can count it...... but there is meters directly read data from ignition coil check this

Yes I too need info about OBD eagerly waiting for your reply
this is the obd i use. and free android software torque OBD

I could not resist myself. I ordered one, yesterday before seeing your post ! I guess the same gauge will work with ign coil too. Any way thanks for the link.

Also please check if the obd works with 800.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
I could not resist myself. I ordered one, yesterday before seeing your post ! I guess the same gauge will work with ign coil too. Any way thanks for the link.

Also please check if the obd works with 800.
it works !! on 800.
software :- Torque android
also works with windows software EasyOBD II

Top Bottom