DIY Request: Rear Speakers Transfer To Door

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I need a request or a link to DIY to transfer my rear parcel tray speakers to the doors. The tray is wooden, heavy and is loosening the back pillar \---/ from its joints and also they vibrate on potholes. So i am deciding to get rid of them.

The problem is ,the speakers are oval shaped and the door can only accept round speakers. Is there a way or if someone has successfully fitted an oval spear into a round space, please redirect me.

Re: DIY Request:Rear Speakers transfer to Door

Cant you try custom made spacers to accomadate the speakers.I have seen accessories shop person using nuwood for altering this speaker space

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Re: DIY Request:Rear Speakers transfer to Door

Ya i was thinking that too. To visit an accessory shop and get the material. But lets see if i can get best out of waste from my home itself.

Hi All,
I need a request or a link to DIY to transfer my rear parcel tray speakers to the doors. The tray is wooden, heavy and is loosening the back pillar \---/ from its joints and also they vibrate on potholes. So i am deciding to get rid of them.

The problem is ,the speakers are oval shaped and the door can only accept round speakers. Is there a way or if someone has successfully fitted an oval spear into a round space, please redirect me.
Just through them out of the window( i mean sell them) and get the round speakers otherwise you would spend money and won't be satisfied. Due to other problems after installation.

Hi,
Its a very tough DIY to fit oval speakers in rear door. There is not enough space in the doors to accommodate large speakers. If you use spacers it will lessen the leg room for the rear passengers. You can also sell the speakers and get round speakers.
But according to me, the best solution for this is to get MDF speaker boxes and keep them in the boot space. As if you install round speakers in rear door. The sound will be less as compared to oval speakers in MDF box.

Why not try speaker boxes ? They cost you 400 per pair. Or fit it to the trunk door pad.

But one thing, the Sound quality which you get out of fitting the speakers on plank is totally different from others.

I guess Ritz comes with a parcel tray as OEM fitting, why not place the speakers on them ?

Why not try speaker boxes ? They cost you 400 per pair. Or fit it to the trunk door pad.

But one thing, the Sound quality which you get out of fitting the speakers on plank is totally different from others.

I guess Ritz comes with a parcel tray as OEM fitting, why not place the speakers on them ?
Hi,
Its a very tough DIY to fit oval speakers in rear door. There is not enough space in the doors to accommodate large speakers. If you use spacers it will lessen the leg room for the rear passengers. You can also sell the speakers and get round speakers.
But according to me, the best solution for this is to get MDF speaker boxes and keep them in the boot space. As if you install round speakers in rear door. The sound will be less as compared to oval speakers in MDF box.
+1.I use the wooden boxes for my ICE setup.i prefer them to be the best.WOOD IS GOOD they say[;)]

refer pic http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...lass-boy-856788_2820883658260_202431234_o.jpg

Thread Starter #13
its better than tray, the sounds are now isolated and that made the difference, you can hear the subwo woofs separately with rest of the music. Earlier all came in blended.

Top Bottom