DIY - Remote Trunk And Fuel Tank Opener

Re: DIY- Remote Trunk And Fuel Tank Opener

Hi Varun,

I signed up immediately when I saw this post. Wonderful. I wanted to do this too from a long time. Can you please give us the part number or atleast the list of parts by name?

Thread Starter #18

Hi Varun,

I signed up immediately when I saw this post. Wonderful. I wanted to do this too from a long time. Can you please give us the part number or atleast the list of parts by name?
On which car u r planning to do, its zen fuel tank and dickey cables, zen vxi lever, alto tank opener switch\opener. 1 spring to push the tank door(any thing will do)

Thread Starter #20

Same as yours m800. Thanks for the list! I will buy them over the weekend.
One suggestion, go to ESSAR motors near Urvashi Theater, Lalbagh road(jc road entrance), this is main spares outlet in B'lore who supply all over B'lore

One suggestion, go to ESSAR motors near Urvashi Theater, Lalbagh road(jc road entrance), this is main spares outlet in B'lore who supply all over B'lore
Yes I know that place. Have been a regular visitor there [:)].

One thing, do you think there's a way to do away with this hideous looking unlock-push rear lock? The only thing that's preventing me from swapping to an Alto's is that I will need to carry an additional key.

Last edited:

You seem to be doing a lot of DIY stuff. Please take a lot of snaps and detailed step by step instructions for people like whenever you do something. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you.

You seem to be doing a lot of DIY stuff. Please take a lot of snaps and detailed step by step instructions for people like whenever you do something. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you.
Yes. I am very keen on doing DIY stuffs and have made many changes. But I noticed that now-a-days no body cares much for a m800 at all. Here it seems different and good to know people are still interested in mods for this great little car. I will surely be doing some contributions to this section.

Thread Starter #25

Yes. I am very keen on doing DIY stuffs and have made many changes. But I noticed that now-a-days no body cares much for a m800 at all. Here it seems different and good to know people are still interested in mods for this great little car. I will surely be doing some contributions to this section.

Hi All thanks for ur support and suggesstions. I am a bigggg... fan of M 800.
Another mod..check out http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/4537-aftermarket-tacho-meter-rpm-meter.html

Thread Starter #26

Yes I know that place. Have been a regular visitor there [:)].

One thing, do you think there's a way to do away with this hideous looking unlock-push rear lock? The only thing that's preventing me from swapping to an Alto's is that I will need to carry an additional key.
Sorry I dint get ur point, But One thing I understood, for the rear door\deckey to be pushed, you can find 2 rubber components on the door (each side) just loosen them so that it creates pressure which will open the door..

I have been visiting Essar once a week but I am not able to get the zen lever, fuel latch and esteem cable. Even altos's are not available. Today I just got the zen fuel cable. They are not able to tell when the parts will arrive. There goes my dream for the remote release it seems :(

Thread Starter #28
I have been visiting Essar once a week but I am not able to get the zen lever, fuel latch and esteem cable. Even altos's are not available. Today I just got the zen fuel cable. They are not able to tell when the parts will arrive. There goes my dream for the remote release it seems :(
Hi why not try getting esteems or alto's lever..

I checked that too. Even esteem and alto's were not there. And then they said they have no idea when it will come or if at all it will come. Opposite to essar I saw tata's spare shop. Does indica or some other tata car have similar levers?

Thread Starter #30
I checked that too. Even esteem and alto's were not there. And then they said they have no idea when it will come or if at all it will come. Opposite to essar I saw tata's spare shop. Does indica or some other tata car have similar levers?

I guess you can get indica's.

Top Bottom