DIY - Remote Trunk And Fuel Tank Opener

Varun you are a real Maruti 800 lover that's why you adding all the features to ur baby. Really hats off man and i like your car very much [clap]. Expecting more threads from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi varun,
Nice & useful DIY man.[clap]
I am also planing to do this DIY on my 800 soon,if I can get all the parts needed for this.Hope I am lucky enough.[:)]
First I will try fuel lid DIY
If I am not wrong I require following parts (Please rectify if I am wrong)
1) Zen fuel lid cable.
2) Esteem's trunk cable
3) Zen petrol & Trunk lever.
4) Zen fuel lid lock
5) 1 spring for opening fuel lid.

Last edited:
Hi varun,
Nice & useful DIY man.[clap]
I am also planing to do this DIY on my 800 soon,if I can get all the parts needed for this.Hope I am lucky enough.[:)]
First I will try fuel lid DIY
If I am not wrong I require following parts (Please rectify if I am wrong)
1) Zen fuel lid cable.
2) Esteem's trunk cable
3) Zen petrol & Trunk lever.
4) Zen fuel lid lock
5) 1 spring for opening fuel lid.
Sorry forgot one thing to above list.
6) Hatch L angle.

HI,Very good morning Varun.
Is may parts list is ok?[confused]
Please go through it at once,so that I can buy them from market.
Please reply:please:.Waiting for your kind suggestions

Re: Remote boot release for a 118NE

Hi Varun,
This DIY temps me to share what I did on my 118 NE. I used the cables and levers from an Exteem VX. Grabbed them at a scrap yard for 80 Bucks. A bicycle spoke, a piece of 2 mm thick MS sheet and some screws make the BOM. Since a 118NE never came with a cable operated lever boot release, I bought a new dicky lock (for Rs 110/-), opened it and make a hole for the spoke to actuate. Again assembled back the lock and swapped this new one in place of the old one. The additional lever mechanism that I made myself is what you see in the picture, painted black. There lever is positioned near the driver seat, bolted top the running board.
I have already routed the cables for the fuel lid also, but yet to execute the modification. This thread gives me enough idea to make the execution. I think I ll grab a Zen's fuel lid release mechanism.
Note: This mod is very useful in malls and other places where one has to get down and open the trunk for a security check.
- Ilango
Hi Elango,

I am curious to know where you bought the Mechanism (Black mechanism for cable near the lock) for your 118 NE remote boot release. my maruti 800 is with the tinker and am planning to install the remote fuel lid & trunk release.

Attachments

Re: Remote boot release for a 118NE

I am curious to know where you bought the Mechanism (Black mechanism for cable near the lock) for your 118 NE remote boot release. my maruti 800 is with the tinker and am planning to install the remote fuel lid & trunk release.
It is a handmade unit that I made with pieces of 1.5mm MS plates & a bicycle spoke. The cable provided a pulling motion while the boot latch needs to be pushed. Hence this lever was required, else I could connect the cable directly on the latch itself. On the other hand I could have routed the cable from the other side of the trunk, but the length was insufficient.
Remote boot release in M800, a really practical add-on. Go ahead.

Thanks Ilango.

After installing the remote boot release I am planning to close the Trunk key hole. the only option to release the boot will the remote zen lever and no keys. Please advise

By the way your profile states. that you are in Pune and neyveli. I am in Belgaum and Salem. so where are you now.

Regards
Vinod

Last edited by a moderator:
After installing the remote boot release I am planning to close the Trunk key hole. the only option to release the boot will the remote zen lever and no keys. Please advise

By the way your profile states. that you are in Pune and neyveli. I am in Belgaum and Salem. so where are you now.
Better to leave the key latch as it is, because some day if the cable snaps you could still open the boot with the key. Else you will have to remove the entire boot inner panel and pry open the latch to open the boot again.
In Pune since 2007. Parents still in Neyveli.

Noted & Thanks.
I tried for Zen fuel lid cable, Esteem's trunk cable, Zen petrol & Trunk lever, Zen fuel lid lock. I tried all leading shops in Salem, Venus Motors, VL Motors etc and they don't have them. Finally tried with Jaikrishna Aditya Automobiles and they would try to get it in a day or two.

Hoping for the best.

I am in Belgaum and now in salem on 4 days leave

Top Bottom