DIY - Remote Trunk And Fuel Tank Opener

It looks like it's over tightened or rusted inside. Try spraying a bit of wd 40, leave it for some time and try. If it still does not work the only option is to cut a full groove across the head and then use a wide flat head screw driver.

Thread Starter #62
It looks like it's over tightened or rusted inside. Try spraying a bit of wd 40, leave it for some time and try. If it still does not work the only option is to cut a full groove across the head and then use a wide flat head screw driver.
Pls let me know whats WD 40 ? let me try this..

Hi sreejeshtpl, I have another problem with the spring, I tried to remove the lid\door, the screws are not turning at all, its just getting grinned(powdered), so pls help me how to remove it..
you can remove it with the help of one -ve screw driver and hammer. just place the screw driver tip over the edge of the screw. smack the screw driver with the hammer. make sure you placed the screw driver in an angle and in the direction of unscrewing.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #64
So finally I closed the key hole.
I dint damage the OEM lid, bought a new lid for 40 rs and experimented on it.
Though I dint full satisfaction but its ok, need to make one more perfectly..

Please let me know how it looks..

Attachments

Thread Starter #68
Total cost of the spares would be around 400 rs.

Zen/ Esteem fuel and trunk cable - 70 Rs each (2 cables needed)
Fuel lid opener - 90 rs
Hatch l angle - 40 rs
Lever (zen) - 150rs.

And for covering the fuel lid key hole I have used a new door cost 40 rs, welding 100 rs..I have also painted the door..paint cost depends on the color..

Looks really good, stickering the entire (petrol filling)door would have costed you just 20 - 30 rupees but no way it can give this kind of quality finish! Also matching the new spray paint to the colour of your car should have been a tough job.

Total cost of the spares would be around 400 rs.

Zen/ Esteem fuel and trunk cable - 70 Rs each (2 cables needed)
Fuel lid opener - 90 rs
Hatch l angle - 40 rs
Lever (zen) - 150rs.

And for covering the fuel lid key hole I have used a new door cost 40 rs, welding 100 rs..I have also painted the door..paint cost depends on the color..
Hi varun,
I am planing to do this DIY on my 800 soon, and have a doubt regarding the parts required. Sorry if am acting like a silly[roll].
Lever (zen) is the thing we pull to open under the driver seat right?
I dint get what ''Hatch l angle'' is . Could you post a pic of that or explain its working?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #72
Hi sunjay nagaraj,

Yes, the lever is used to pull to open the trunk.

L angle refers to to a metal part bent in L shape to told the cable which is fixed inside the trunk.

All the pic's have been uploaded please check post 12 and 6th pic.

Remote boot release for a 118NE

Hi Varun,
This DIY temps me to share what I did on my 118 NE. I used the cables and levers from an Exteem VX. Grabbed them at a scrap yard for 80 Bucks. A bicycle spoke, a piece of 2 mm thick MS sheet and some screws make the BOM. Since a 118NE never came with a cable operated lever boot release, I bought a new dicky lock (for Rs 110/-), opened it and make a hole for the spoke to actuate. Again assembled back the lock and swapped this new one in place of the old one. The additional lever mechanism that I made myself is what you see in the picture, painted black. There lever is positioned near the driver seat, bolted top the running board.
I have already routed the cables for the fuel lid also, but yet to execute the modification. This thread gives me enough idea to make the execution. I think I ll grab a Zen's fuel lid release mechanism.
Note: This mod is very useful in malls and other places where one has to get down and open the trunk for a security check.
- Ilango

Attachments

Top Bottom