DIY - Remote Trunk And Fuel Tank Opener

Hi , that's an long time after your update, try as I have did its easy..
PM ur number..
Yes. I spent endless hours of cutting, grinding etc., I found that unless I weld a little bit, I cannot make the joints hold together. The force generated while you turn the key is surprisingly strong to make any juggad linkage come apart. I don't think I can get anyone to weld it anyways. So now my next project is to make both the hatch door and the fuel lid open from inside as you did :D

Hi friends, here is my DIY which i have done last year. Varun, am sharing it in your thread.

DSC03016.jpg

DSC03017.jpg

I have used one 'L' shaped aluminum sheet for locking, its glued to the lid. and the key lock hole was closed with 'm-seal' [;)].
DSC03018.jpg

DSC03019.JPG

DSC03020.JPG

DSC03021.jpg

Hi friends, here is my DIY which i have done last year. Varun, am sharing it in your thread.

I have used one 'L' shaped aluminum sheet for locking, its glued to the lid. and the key lock hole was closed with 'm-seal' [;)].
Wow. That has come out really well. Can't guess it's m-seal! How much did it cost you to get it painted? Or was it part of a full body paint?

Thread Starter #50
Hi sreejeshtpl, I should say ur diy is great, it looks good, Hi could you pls share info about the spring used to push the door. Then u have removed the key set also great. [:D]
No issues of sharing ur diy in my thread, its nothing but the same,
One more question, I think u have drilled the hole to the chassis (below the seat),
but will the cable length be enough, also pls post some pic's of the cable placement..
And also I can find, there is no cable for trunk opening ?

Last edited:

View attachment 30797

View attachment 30798

View attachment 30799

View attachment 30800

View attachment 30801

View attachment 30802
Great DIY.
And I liked the way you removed the key slot.How did you do that buddy?
It's looking great.
Please share more information about this.

Varun, yeah the cable length is enough. I will post the photos of the cable placing.

That time i thought of putting the petro-lid only, and time being do the trunk.

The spring used then was one part from the ladies hair clip. But last month i made a different one with metal sheet. will post the photos of it.

Thank you Mohan,
I don't have the photos of this process. Lost so many photos because of my hard disk failure. I will try to describe it. The process was like i pasted masking tape on the outer portion of the lid over the key lock hole. then pasted one layer of M-seal on it from the inner side of the lid. Placed some tiny steel wires over the pasted M-seal for reinforce and finished by pasting the second layer M-seal. After it dried, removed the masking tape. Done!!

Guys,
Can anyone provide me the pics of that pin thing (the one which goes in when cable is pulled) mechanism on how it looks from inside? I am having a hard time locating it. I will see if I can make something like that myself.

Guys,
Can anyone provide me the pics of that pin thing (the one which goes in when cable is pulled) mechanism on how it looks from inside? I am having a hard time locating it. I will see if I can make something like that myself.
for your help am posting Zen's fuel lid lock, lid cable, dicky cable photos found on the net.

zen-fuel-lid-lock.jpg

zen-dicky-cable.jpg

zen-fuel-lid-cable.jpg

Woah. Is that so complicated? I thought it was something very simple. Something like this:

Edit: Aaarg! Ascii did not come well.

Screenshot at 2011-10-11 17:08:54.png

||| <-Spring

--- <- Cable

Last edited:
Thread Starter #60
Hi sreejeshtpl, I have another problem with the spring, I tried to remove the lid\door, the screws are not turning at all, its just getting grinned(powdered), so pls help me how to remove it..

Top Bottom