DIY Power Window Installation For Maruti 800

Lakmal. This is Promata brand correct? i use same brand for 2 1/2 years without a problem. only issue is the switches are too much fragile they die within few months so i change the switches to another Chines set but they are cheaper and much harder.
since you have not used the switch brackets is it possible for me to get the. i'm planing to use them in back doors since i used only 2 front doors.

dude, I have autocop xs central locking in my m800. How can i integrate it with this power window for auto roll up while locking? you said it has auto roll up from central locking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friends,

Here is a DIY for installing power windows in Maruti 800..

This was an upgrade I was thinking from many days..(o o sorry many years),
on my birthday this time it came true.. I bought the Xenos power window kit from a known accessory shop.. he offered me to get it fitted by him and asked 1000rs.. as usual I refused it.

This kit comes with auto roll up driver side and auto roll up of windows after locking from central locking..

- 4 roller mechanism
- 1 main control unit
- 1 one touch and auto lock module /circuit
- 2 wiring kit, 1 from battery to the circuit the other one for all doors
- 4 switches,driver side with 5 switches (4 for all windows, 1 for child lock)
- 1 year replacement warranty..

Though I bought it 2 days back I was bit busy could not fix it,[frustration] sleepless nights..yesterday started the mission at 6am ended almost by 11 am !

Detailed info -

Need to remove the previous / oem roller mechanism, very tough job as all the screws were rusted and refusing to come out.. need to hammer them at the edges and remove them.

Next need to fix the new roller mechanism with motor (fits to normal holes provided no need any mods). For front windows need to align the windows as it sometimes wont rollup straight.

For wiring need to fix the main circuit and the one touch module next to the fusebox (rightside above accelerator pedal), need to take the left front door wiring below the floor carpet as the wire length is short, the from the side pillar to the door (no need of any holes to be drilled as there is a hole already provided. (One main thing need to cut all the plugs the wire ends so that the wire passes through the hole in the door)

Next need to take the rear wiring from right side frame/floor.
Here we need to make 2 holes, one on the B pillar other one on the door to pass the wire into the door. For passing the wire need to remove the seat belt roller/module.

Finally connect all the switches and need to connect the source from battery (+ and -) the other wire to ignition (I have connected to accessory point) so that the power windows work only when key is on..

Then the toughest job is finding out and ignition and lock positive wire from the central locking. As mine was a OEM/ Maruti nippon one it was very much difficult, still not yet fixed it..

The power windows are rolling up/down as fast as OEM ones [:)]
Could not click many photos as my hands were full of grease/dust..
Will click some pic's later.

So friends I guess you could understand and sorry for any mistakes (also blur pic's)

Power window kit
View attachment 49063

Switches and wiring
View attachment 49062

Main circuit which rolls the windows up & down
View attachment 49056

Roller mechanism (front)
View attachment 49059

Roller mechanism (Rear)
View attachment 49061
i want power window for Maruti 800 front 2 doors only
Please can you quote us

DIY rear power window for indica

i have a indica dlg turbo which came with front power windows .Now i am planning to add power windows for the rear.The kits available cost around 6k but they dont give me controls in the front.So when i checked the wiring i found out that all the wiring is already in place, all i need to do is add a motor and a winder ,two relays in the empty slots and replace the main switch with the one that comes in the dlx model.tata have kept the wiring same for the models and just skipped on some parts .The winder costs around 650rs.W[glasses]ould like to know the cost of the motor and the power window switch.Any suggestions are welcome .i would like to be able to control all windows from the front itself .thank u

As I mentioned in the central locking thread my dome light not triggering from central locking module. I found a wiring diagram from your thread and marked in red on the pic. Please check the same and tell me what is that boxes.

test.jpg

Thread Starter #68
I dint get your point Rakesh. So when you open the door isn't the lamp switching on ?

It might due to the main wire getting cut somewhere. In 800 it goes below driver's seat. Do check there.

As I mentioned in the central locking thread my dome light not triggering from central locking module. I found a wiring diagram from your thread and marked in red on the pic. Please check the same and tell me what is that boxes.

View attachment 168837
Rakesh this red box you have highlighted refers to the link, in other words coupler in between.

Central locking and dome light has no direct link in my research done in maruti car's. Door switch is linked with dome light directly and plays the vital role in this that's it and no other link behind this.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

on my birthday this time it came true.. I bought the Xenos power window kit from a known accessory shop.. he offered me to get it fitted by him and asked 1000rs.. as usual I refused it.

This kit comes with auto roll up driver side and auto roll up of windows after locking from central locking..

- 4 roller mechanism
- 1 main control unit

Though I bought it 2 days back I was bit busy could not fix it,[frustration] sleepless nights..yesterday started the mission at 6am ended almost by 11 am !

Detailed info -

Need to remove the previous / oem roller mechanism, very tough job as all the screws were rusted and refusing to come out.. need to hammer them at the edges and remove them.

Next need to fix the new roller mechanism with motor (fits to normal holes provided no need any mods). For front windows need to align the windows as it sometimes wont rollup straight.

For wiring need to fix the main circuit and the one touch module next to the fusebox (rightside above accelerator pedal), need to take the left front door wiring below the floor carpet as the wire length is short, the from the side pillar to the door (no need of any holes to be drilled as there is a hole already provided. (One main thing need to cut all the plugs the wire ends so that the wire passes through the hole in the door)

Here we need to make 2 holes, one on the B pillar other one on the door to pass the wire into the door. For passing the wire need to remove the seat belt roller/module.

Finally connect all the switches and need to connect the source from battery (+ and -) the other wire to ignition (I have connected to accessory point) so that the power windows work only when key is on..

Then the toughest job is finding out and ignition and lock positive wire from the central locking. As mine was a OEM/ Maruti nippon one it was very much difficult, still not yet fixed it..

So friends I guess you could understand and sorry for any mistakes (also blur pic's)

Power window kit
View attachment 49063

Switches and wiring
View attachment 49062

View attachment 49056

Roller mechanism (front)
View attachment 49059

Roller mechanism (Rear)
View attachment 49061
Hi Varun, Nice to see such a well maintained Maruti 800.
Even I own a Maruti 800 carb model (around 12 years old) & am planning to buy a 4 door power windows kit for a DIY during this Diwali leave.

I am trying to find a source who would supply a Xenos kit with auto roll up function. But my local mechanic has tried all his contacts and could not find one who could supply it off the shelf.

I want one which has winder along with it just like you have shown in pictures. Not the one which operates existing winders (those available in Chinese online market). I am not confident of fitting those in M800.

So with your past experience, do you have any idea of a online dealer or any local dealer at Bangalore who can ship the item to me? If so, kindly guide me. I need your help.

I strongly believe in DIY & follow it in field of home entertainment, household appliances and so on but this would be my first DIY in automotive field. (except fitting of stereos etc.)

Friends, please help.

No one here is selling power window kit for maruti suzuki 800. I need help of some seller from Bangalore, Mumbai or Delhi to ship it.

Hi Friends,

- 4 roller mechanism
- 1 main control unit

Detailed info -

Power window kit
View attachment 49063

Switches and wiring
View attachment 49062

View attachment 49056

Roller mechanism (front)
View attachment 49059

Roller mechanism (Rear)
View attachment 49061
Bro how we can purchase these power window kits?
Can you please give some information!

Top Bottom