DIY Power Window Installation For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #46
I stay at Sarjarpur ORR Signal. I was interested to know name of the shop since that's the cheapest price of 4 power windows with auto rollup that I've heard in Bangalore so far.
The shop name is Apsara Car Decors, Owner's name Chand Pasha. Are you going to fit it your self ?

Changing cable of Manual window regulator

Varun, my Indigo's passenger side window(manual) is too hard to roll up or down. One had to apply some extra pressure to roll. I opened the door cover two times and succeeded in finding the problem. The cable of the assembly got worn out. I applied oil to get smoothness, which work upto some extent. I want to change the cable.
I also heard that Indigo/Indica's assemblies are somewhat simple compared to others.
Is it easy so that one can do it by himself?
Do we need to change the entire assembly or just a single cable is also available?
Youtube link:
Freelander Tailgate window regulator repair work - YouTube

My doors assembly is having a single supporting rod where as i can see two in all the Y-videos
Please advise me. Should I go to a mechanic or do it by myself.

Last edited:
Power window in my Alto

Hi all friends,
I install power window kit on my Alto during weekend.
It's universal power window kit with all in one pack.
1). Arrange all wires on the floor to get an idea.
2). then drill holes on door covers and make holes for switches.
3). Fixing of motor and wheels on doors
4). wiring
5). fixing all stuff again.

check photos

Attachments

Thread Starter #49
Installation looks neat. BTW you could have got the power windows made for alto itself.

These universal PW roll up/down slower than the normal ones as they are connected with cables. Did you install auto rollup module too.

Please post the entire pic of driver side pad, the PW switches are looking good (installation).

Installation looks neat. BTW you could have got the power windows made for alto itself.

These universal PW roll up/down slower than the normal ones as they are connected with cables. Did you install auto rollup module too.

Please post the entire pic of driver side pad, the PW switches are looking good (installation).
Thanks,
yes this system is slower. also it consume more battery power because of cables, levers and gears.
I did not install auto roll-up module.
i'll post new pics.

The switch placement on the alto looks great. I am also planing to fit on my alto. Varun I need the price details of the kit for alto. Can you please help me

Great post Varun.
Even though this post may not be useful to me /my car , the enthusiasm you showed made me to say 'WOW'. This is not a DIY for many of us. But, you made it.

Congratulations. You are really an asset to this wonderful forum. Feeling proud being a member here

Kudos !

Thread Starter #54
Great post Varun.
Even though this post may not be useful to me /my car , the enthusiasm you showed made me to say 'WOW'. This is not a DIY for many of us. But, you made it.

Congratulations. You are really an asset to this wonderful forum. Feeling proud being a member here

Kudos !
Thanks for your comments. Please look into my other threads too [;)]

Hi lakmal, Please post the entire pic of the door pad. The switches are placed neatly.[cheers]

Last edited:
Yes little difficult at first few times.
there are mounting units for all door switches
(black color item on the ground in first picture),
it can use to mount switches in convenient point,
but i did not fix those.
because i think fix switches directly to door cover gives OEM look.

Top Bottom