DIY Power Window Installation For Maruti 800

Excellent work!!
Did you procure the rollers, one touch module, etc. as a single package or ala carte?
Do you feel the door shakes or is there any jerk when the power window motor starts?

Thread Starter #38
With out power windows, just the rollup module is a waste and not required too. It is just a circuit which powers the motors to windup the glasses.. It costs you 1k.

HI Varun

I am totally inspired now after seeing your 800.I too own a 800 but with lot of issues.Can't fix it on my own because i don't have any knowledge of cars [cry].Can you please tell me what is damping used for? Its cost and where can I find it in Delhi.

I will now start to take care of my 800 from today itself.Thanks to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to remove the previous / oem roller mechanism, very tough job as all the screws were rusted and refusing to come out.. need to hammer them at the edges and remove them.
Mr. Varun, next time if you got into any rusted screews, bolds anything which is not possible to remove, there is a spray call rust remover which will be available in all hardware shops. it works very nicely. Just you need to spray on it and wait for 5 mints. then when you unscreen or unwind it comes like smooth. You will be given and small tube to help you to reach inside if it is difficult to spray it.

Thread Starter #42
HI Varun

I am totally inspired now after seeing your 800.I too own a 800 but with lot of issues.Can't fix it on my own because i don't have any knowledge of cars [cry].Can you please tell me what is damping used for? Its cost and where can I find it in Delhi.

I will now start to take care of my 800 from today itself.Thanks to you.
Thanks, Damping is used to reduce road noise and other rattling noise so that the cabin is quite .[:)]

I have just used YOGA mats to do this, it will cost around 300 per sheet/mat. We need 2 for our car

I have ordered it from Xenos, from a known accessory shop. Where are you put up in B'lore. The shop is at RR Nagar Mysore RD.
I stay at Sarjarpur ORR Signal. I was interested to know name of the shop since that's the cheapest price of 4 power windows with auto rollup that I've heard in Bangalore so far.

Thanks,
Punnya

Top Bottom