DIY Parking Light Holder Replacement

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends ,another DIY repair on my beloved M800 .I recently noticed that my front LHS parking light was dangling loose inside the headlight unit .On closer observation it showed the rubber seal to have completely worn out causing the holder assembly to dislodge from the parking light socket.Thanks to Shenoy sir for informing me about the switch assembly available in MGP parts store.
MATERIALS :
1)SOCKET SET to remove batter terminals and front grill
2)NEW SWITCH SET (2NOS : MGP RS 154)
3)SLIM LONG NOSE PLIERS .

METHOD:
Disconnect both the battery terminals and remove the battery to gain access into the backside of the headlight and disconnect the switch link from the parking light.
Next remove the front grill so that you can easily remove the bulb holder through the gap between headlight housing and the frame .Mine was already dangling outside so didn't have to twist and remove.
Now slowly remove the entire parking light wire assembly through the gap between the frame and headlight .Take the new wire assembly,affix the old bulb to the new holder and just reverse the process followed for removal. Don"t forget to add the new rubber washer provided around the neck of the holder.The holder just needed to be twisted into the parking light shroud .I used long nose pliers to grasp the holder gently to twist the holder into place.
Reconnect the battery terminals and test the working of the light .If all is well put back the front grill and tighten the battery terminals appropriately.
FINISH!Yet another simple DIY completed .[clap]

Attachments

Congratulations and good that you got it done.

I suggest you also give more details about the overhauling done recently on your Carburetor, which will help many enthusiastic youngsters to do it DIY ( of course Im a old man and scared to to this task myself) because carburetor overhaul is a tricky job and even MASS here in Mangalore were not ready to do this work and so also 3-4 other Auto Mechanics. Wish I were in mid 30s to do DIY like you young guys are doing.

Thread Starter #3
Congratulations and good that you got it done.

I suggest you also give more details about the overhauling done recently on your Carburetor, which will help many enthusiastic youngsters to do it DIY ( of course Im a old man and scared to to this task myself) because carburetor overhaul is a tricky job and even MASS here in Mangalore were not ready to do this work and so also 3-4 other Auto Mechanics. Wish I were in mid 30s to do DIY like you young guys are doing.
Dear Shenoy sir !thanks for your comment .I think you got it wrong that i have done carburetor overhaul mine is MPFI M800[;)]

Dear Shenoy sir !thanks for your comment .I think you got it wrong that i have done carburetor overhaul mine is MPFI M800[;)]
Oh sorry, I got confused, this was done by silver - dove in Mumbai ( and not you) when we all were exchanging our views on carb overhauling. He did DIY of his carb and suggested me to do the same but Im scared to touch carb myself and also some parts are not available here. So I have placed the order with MASS here for new carb on 10th June and it has yet to come from MSIL - Gurgoan.
Regards.

Top Bottom