DIY: Paint Disc Calipers and Rear Drum Brakes

Planning to do this on my i10. The car is white and the alloys are hyper silver. What colour will look good? Red, Yellow, Green, Orange or Blue?

My .2$ question is as we know when driving the rear Drum create a enormous amount of heat from the breaks wont this effect on the paint. m tech guy said we have to use heat resistant pain if we want to paint the calipers and brakes. any one have any idea?

lxi.

Suspended
Nice DIY and pics too. But if you get a Can for 240Rs., the why this much things, just Rs60 more and the job is done. My car is silver and I am going to add Alloys to it (Platis, which are black and silver finished). I am adding Blue interior LEDs under the dash.

So here are the questions-
1. Which colour LEDs should I use for interiors? White Or Blue? Its for show off as well as visibility.
2. Which colour should i do my calipers, I am thinking Red? Any other colour?
Thanks

Nice DIY and pics too. But if you get a Can for 240Rs., the why this much things, just Rs60 more and the job is done. My car is silver and I am going to add Alloys to it (Platis, which are black and silver finished). I am adding Blue interior LEDs under the dash.

So here are the questions-
1. Which colour LEDs should I use for interiors? White Or Blue? Its for show off as well as visibility.
2. Which colour should i do my calipers, I am thinking Red? Any other colour?
Thanks
Sorry I missed this thread.I got a spray can,thinner,and masking tapes for Rs 280.That's the total expense.The rest is Labour charges and its absolutely free as its a DIY.
It can be used for 2(or even more) cars.[:D]

Blue coloured LED's are best for interior lighting(if its for a Show-off).And if its for visibility,go for white one.My personal choice is BLUE.[;)]

Red coloured calipers are getting common.But its something 'universal',I think.Suits almost all colours.If you search this thread, you can find a variety of shades.Here my personal choice id Red itself.

Cheers

Painting the break discs

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if we could color our brake calipers, discs. it is for my swift vxi running on a 175/15/85 tyre with alloys.
I chose a very bad alloy for my car and now want to make it up by painting the brake discs. I have seen a couple of cars with different colors ( red, black etc..)
Will they affect the braking, or the life of the discs?

I am going to purchase new set of brake discs also now so thought of getting them painted matching with the alloys...

Re: Painting the break discs

You cannot paint the discs but the calipers.
even if you paint the discs they gona get clean itself because the calipers have leathers/ceramics in it which pushes the discs when you apply brakes.

I've always painted my calipers.

How it is done and End product looks like the pics below.

P.S : this is my old Ride , skyline R33 Series II

Attachments

Painting of ALTO break drums and front break parts

color of the paint is different due to poor light condition.
color is luminous pink in real situation.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom