DIY Maruti 800 Rear Bumper Fix

Thread Starter #1
If your rear bumper corner holder has broken causing the corner come out of its slot and hang, then there is an easy fix.Please do not drill holes to get the bumper to stay.This fix is easy and will be easy and looks neat.

Will take 30mins for 1 person to do this.(It was raining and getting dark when I was fixing the bumper back on to the car, might take less under good conditions)

The bumper corner holders cost Rs20 for a pair.The shop guy threw in the screws for free.The size 10 bolts(they are called Dus Ka bolts here)were left over from previous jobs.Should cost Rs2-5 each.Changed these cause the old ones were rusted.I only needed 6, but I think 8 might be needed.

The rear bumper can be removed from the body by undoing the size 10 bolts that are located by opening the hatch(dikki)There are 3 bolts just on the top and two for the bumper stays on the left and right that fix horizontally.There is one bolt that fits into the middle bumper stay from the bottom, it fits upside down.Just the same way there should be two more that fit vertically for the left and right stays, but I could not locate them.

The screws for bumper corner holders fit into threaded holes that are present in the bumper for the purpose.

Once the bumper corner holders are fixed onto the bumper the bumper is ready to be fixed onto the body.You need to fix the lower bolts that fit the bumper into the stays that are on the body.The fix the central one on the top,leave the bolts on the top corners for last.Some brute force might be needed to wrestle the bumper into position.

Sorry couldn't take more pics as it started raining heavily when I was fixing the bumper back to the car.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice one there Keith. Every Maruti 800 suffers a broken bumper at sometime in its life. How does the bumper clip on to the holder in case the clip is broken (which is the case most of the time)?

Thread Starter #3
The holder is fixed to the bumper using screws.The bumper has two holes that accept threaded screws.These holes are angled so that the holder extends.

Once the bumper is fixed at the corners(holders going into the slots in the body) the bumper is secured using size 10 bolts.These bolts go into holes in the body and also into the bumper stays(kaan) that are fixed to the body.

Sorry I couldn't take more pics of the bumper stays as it was raining and I was working alone.Removing the bumper to take pics is not possible right now, if someone volunteers help I will gladly take more pics.

Attachments

Dear Sir,

I have one Maruti 800. Yesterday while taking reverse I hit backside on a hard stone. My bumper left lock got broken.
I saw your DIY Maruti 800 rear bumper fix. I need one pair.
Can you courier it to me. I am at Coimbatore.
Kindly mail me your bank details so that I can make payment and send my address for doing courier.

Thanking you,
regards,
Mahendiran.K

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom