DIY: MAF Cleaning in My Swift ZDi

Hi Anurag.

Can you help me with the part number of the passenger side cup holder assembly as my 3 year old kid broke it few days ago.

Thanks,
Ankur Karanwal.

Anuraagshenoy
I have purchased the same tool mentioned by you. This is the list of the sensors for my car that the ECU can read / the ELM 327 can read from the ECU. Specially i expected the Exhaust temperature sensor and the CO2 produced.
During routine inspection by MSIL i asked them to scan by their diagnostics tool and it showed the error Code for "Glow Plug" and by this device it haven't showed.
Can you please upload the list of your sensors by your device. Screenshot_2016-09-28-22-38-02-925_org.prowl.torque.png

After Cleaning the MAF sensor it gave me reading about 8.0 to 8.2. Outside Temperature was around 28 Celsius and humidity of 72%. Car was shut off for about 2 hours. whereas your were 5.4 before cleaning and 4.6 after cleaning.

Last edited:
Hi Anurag,
I also bought the same adapter but when I Connect it to the port it connects to the phone but the OBD indicator doesn't glow and Torque on cell phone says "no response from ECU". Check the attached pictures.
So is it a faulty adapter of there is some other settings them I am missing.

Attachments

Thread Starter #21
Hi Anurag,
I also bought the same adapter but when I Connect it to the port it connects to the phone but the OBD indicator doesn't glow and Torque on cell phone says "no response from ECU". Check the attached pictures.
So is it a faulty adapter of there is some other settings them I am missing.
Have you connected it to any other car to check? If no, do it and see.

Mostly the OBD-II reader is faulty. Contact the seller instantly asking for refund.

Hi Anurag,
I disconnected the power steering module beneath the dashboard to check whether it will detect the check engine light but as i doubted it didn't show any of the codes. Means it can only read the Real data information but can read/remove any codes from the ECU.
I would appreciate if you could try something to generate a code and try detecting it .

Thank you

Hi Anurag
To be frank i am going nuts about the mileage my swift zdi is giving after last oil change in Jan 2017. I searched many posts but found nothing that could work. Read your post and thought of consulting you.
Before the oil change it used to give 18kmpl in city and 22 on highways.
Now after oil change it's 13kmpl in city and not more than 16 on highways.
I calculate by putting 26ltr and then see how much it ran before giving that oil sign. It never ever reaches to 400.
Got oil change, air filter, serviced AC. Checked diesel filter and it was clean.
Put system D many times during fuel filling after some recommendations but in vain.
Please help!!

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am not able to find 100 IPA. What chemists have is Rubbing alcohol with is 60~70% pure. Will it be safe?

Also, can you make guide on cleaning MAP, Rail pressure and Boost pressure sensors?

hello Anurag, thank you for the detailed step by step instructions, this was very informative and helpful. tried this DIY on the swift 2012 Vdi. [:D]

Best Regards

Why hello everyone, it's been a few years since I've been here! Just wanted to resurface and thank you, Anurag, for the helpful post.

My Estilo developed a rough idle after not being driven much, and I suspect a dirty MAF. However, the actual MAF cleaner is INR 3k+, so being able to use IPA instead is just what the (wallet) doctor ordered.

Top Bottom