DIY LED Taillamps on Maruti 800

Thread Starter #4
Re: DIY LED taillamp on Maruti 800

BTW how did you manage to remove the reflector cover with out breaking it.
i removed the screws but failed to open that it was glued to the cover so i cut the rear portion to fix the light
20140314_145848.jpg
when brake Peddle depressed
brake.jpg
When on park
park.jpg

Re: DIY LED taillamp on Maruti 800

Hi Spellbound,
Thats a stylish modification.[:)]

IMO, you must increase the lumens for your brake light.
Tail/Brake bulb use to be 5/21 watts bulb(I'm not sure in the case of M800). ie the lumens of 21w brake light is morethan 4 times higher than the 5w park light.

Slight difference in lumens will not helps the one who drives behind you to understand you have applied brake. Seriously it dangerous especially when you are cruising at high speed.

Thread Starter #7
Hi Spellbound,
Thats a stylish modification.[:)]

IMO, you must increase the lumens for your brake light.
Tail/Brake bulb use to be 5/21 watts bulb(I'm not sure in the case of M800). ie the lumens of 21w brake light is morethan 4 times higher than the 5w park light.

Slight difference in lumens will not helps the one who drives behind you to understand you have applied brake. Seriously it dangerous especially when you are cruising at high speed.
Dude this is LED and while applying brakes it have more brightness than the stock one i had compared [:)]

This is my another DIY job using LED strip after doing on the brake lamps.
WP_20140320_007.jpg
WP_20140320_002.jpg
WP_20140320_005.jpg

Looks great!

Just curious, presumably you had to cut the LED strip to form two rows, so how did you connect those two rows?

Also, did you use a resistor on one of the contacts to dim the light when in park mode or some other method?

Thread Starter #11
Awesome DIY Buddy.. [:)]

Hats off to you.. [clap]
Looks great!

Just curious, presumably you had to cut the LED strip to form two rows, so how did you connect those two rows?

Also, did you use a resistor on one of the contacts to dim the light when in park mode or some other method?
Actually i use multi-color LED strip because of the reason that the spacing of led is more and LED is much bigger than compared to ordinary LED strip.

connection of led is simple in a LED strip every 3 LED is connected in series so that you can cut the strip for a multiple of 3

20100802065533.jpg

Yes i had use a resistor of 270 ohm for the park.

And here is the diagram[:)]
ere.jpg

Actually i use multi-color LED strip because of the reason that the spacing of led is more and LED is much bigger than compared to ordinary LED strip.

connection of led is simple in a LED strip every 3 LED is connected in series so that you can cut the strip for a multiple of 3

View attachment 129867

Yes i had use a resistor of 270 ohm for the park.

And here is the diagram[:)]
View attachment 129868
Thanks for clarifying that!

Maybe you should use a slightly larger resistance for the park light though, the difference between park and brake does not seem noticeable (in the pictures at least).

Thread Starter #13
Thanks for clarifying that!

Maybe you should use a slightly larger resistance for the park light though, the difference between park and brake does not seem noticeable (in the pictures at least).
In realty it have very noticeable difference between park and brake. It is because of the pic you don't feel the difference

Top Bottom