DIY - Leather covering the gear knob of Maruti 800

zengetz

Suspended
Also IMO, I feel if you wrap a leather erm..how do I put it..'Skirt' around the Gear rod it would look neater..just my opinion [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #19
Also IMO, I feel if you wrap a leather erm..how do I put it..'Skirt' around the Gear rod it would look neater..just my opinion [thumbsup]
Yes I agree with that [thumbsup].
But I am planning to put the gear boot from esteem. That pyramid type design. One of my friends said that esteem type after market boot kit comes for maruti 800. Did anybody know?

Jalex, thank you.

@350Z, i removed it like twisting anticlockwise. Got it removed easily.

View attachment 22891

the leather is not polished, thats why its looking dull.
you can see another DIY which i have done- remote petrol lid opener. Now i dont have the photos with me. Will post it later.

Hi Sreejeshptl,

I have also done the same one in my maruti.. And how did the lever placed after the seat, which cables u have used, I have used Zen's cables, can u pls post some pic's of the tank cap and the spring used for it to open..

Attachments

Brilliant work, Sreejesh. I was expecting a shoddy DIY, but this is in par with the professionals. I liked the remote lid opener too. Great job!

sreejesh & varun:

nice work guys. This is simply great work. I am eager to understand from both of you about the Remote Petrol lid opener. That certainly would be one of the best knowledge sharing on TAI.

@Sreejesh: You seem to be gem of a person when it comes to doing things yourself.

Top Bottom