DIY: Installing Centre Armrest in Maruti Ertiga

@KR, I think you have not yet answered a question raised by some one. Do you need to remove front seats to drill whole and fix this?

Can you please provide me the dimensions of product. Specially width, just want to ensure that it can fit in Micra. I feel distance between first row seats is too less. But if it can fir on wagonR should also fit on Micra.

Can you please provide me the dimensions of product. Specially width, just want to ensure that it can fit in Micra. I feel distance between first row seats is too less. But if it can fir on wagonR should also fit on Micra.
Here is the link for the Armrest:
CAR Armrest Console Biege Colour Universal Size | eBay

It contains all the required details.
Still the info mentioned on site is as follows:
Features:
• Made of good quality solid plastic with cushion to rest arm covered with eco-leather.
• Does not obstruct with the operation of hand-brakes.
• Adjustable arm – can be slided forward (as shown in the picture upto 5.5cm ahead) depending upon the comfort position of one’s arm.
• Huge storage space beneath the cushion rest
• Foldable design – to vertically fold the arm rest aligned to seats when not required
• Five adjustable height settings with the help of support plates provided in the package
• Size : 12cm length X 5cm width (top cushion arm rest part), 5.5cm slide forward, Base width 12 cm

Package Inclues
• Armrest
• Fitting height adjustable support plates
• Screws pack

Not Compatible with Car Models :
• Maruti Esteem
• Maruti Swift Dzire
• Tata Nano
• Hyundai i10

Here is the link for the Armrest:
CAR Armrest Console Biege Colour Universal Size | eBay

It contains all the required details.
Still the info mentioned on site is as follows:
Features:
• Made of good quality solid plastic with cushion to rest arm covered with eco-leather.
• Does not obstruct with the operation of hand-brakes.
• Adjustable arm – can be slided forward (as shown in the picture upto 5.5cm ahead) depending upon the comfort position of one’s arm.
• Huge storage space beneath the cushion rest
• Foldable design – to vertically fold the arm rest aligned to seats when not required
• Five adjustable height settings with the help of support plates provided in the package
• Size : 12cm length X 5cm width (top cushion arm rest part), 5.5cm slide forward, Base width 12 cm

Package Inclues
• Armrest
• Fitting height adjustable support plates
• Screws pack

Not Compatible with Car Models :
• Maruti Esteem
• Maruti Swift Dzire
• Tata Nano
• Hyundai i10
Thank you for the information. It is really helpful. 12 cm x 5 cm top cushion size, this should fit in my Micra. But what about base with 12 cm , now what is this. Can you please explain. Also can you please provide overall feedback of product, in terms of quality, durability, looks, functionality etc.
Why I am asking so much info is because though product is @ 1k , it creates permanent holes in car [cry]

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. It is really helpful. 12 cm x 5 cm top cushion size, this should fit in my Micra. But what about base with 12 cm , now what is this. Can you please explain. Also can you please provide overall feedback of product, in terms of quality, durability, looks, functionality etc.
Why I am asking so much info is because though product is @ 1k , it creates permanent holes in car [cry]
This tread is for Wagon R,Thats for reference.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...07-lxi-minor-diys-tachometer-armrest-etc.html

I have ordered that product and may get it by evening,so at that time i would be good to comment on quality,durability.

Summary: Driver Arm Rest DIY for my WHITESWAN (new-gen white maruti swift VDI)

After driving friend's vento for a week i fell in love for ARMREST. How to go about it?

Plan A: Enquired a famous auto accessories dealer here in Trichy for fixing armrest in my swift. Asked for Rs. 1600/- and 1 Hour for fitting.[frustration]

Plan B: I then surfed TAI - DIY armrest thread and found this useful thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/13811-diy-installing-centre-armrest-maruti-ertiga.html.

So Plan B was chosen over advantage of my time and money.
So went ahead to purchase Speedwav - Car Armrest Console Beige Colour Universal Size from SNAPDEAL.COM.

Order it online for Rs.848/- and installed it myself. Thanks to TAI for providing me confidence to install by reading a post in it. [:D]

Here is my DIY:

1. Fitted arm rest in its base plastic provided.

Removed plastic panel covering hand brake from my car by removing two plastic screws.

The screws can be removed from passenger side seat near hump.

Let my 5 photos speak.

Image 1

20140518_084220_resized.jpg

Image 2

20140518_084227_resized.jpg

Image 3

20140518_084248_resized.jpg

Image 4

20140518_084136_resized.jpg

Two plastic side panels were not required for my car.

Image 5 Final fitting:

final result.JPG

Tested the usefulness and fit of arm rest during this sunday long drive from Trichy to Kumbakonam to Trichy in not so great ~300 Km two lane roads.

Result of DIY: No rattle, absolutely fine for my seating style. Decent strength.So far so good [cheers] . I have to wait for months to check its fit and will update after months of usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #58
Great to know prasadralf that you found this thread useful. And nice to see your DIY. It fits well in Swift with the seat-belt locks at a distance from the arm-rest. In Ertiga, sometimes the seat-belt locks rattle against the arm-rest. I had to put some rubber padding to stop the rattling sounds. [roll]

As of now no rattling issues. The arm rest is a definite boon for me. when will car companies provide arm rest atleast in their top end hatchbacks? One difference i found that there are no stitches in the top fabric of arm rest. This is good as i have read complaints about the stitch quality.

As of now no rattling issues. The arm rest is a definite boon for me. when will car companies provide arm rest atleast in their top end hatchbacks? One difference i found that there are no stitches in the top fabric of arm rest. This is good as i have read complaints about the stitch quality.
Good mod there. I have it installed on my RITZ after getting used to XUV.
I think you could have opted Swift specific arm rest which would fit better than generic. Any specific reason for opting generic arm rest ?

Check this LINK.

Top Bottom