DIY: Installing Centre Armrest in Maruti Ertiga

Hi,

One clarification required, both the links show different price on ebay.
Is there any difference in these 2 products (does both fit ok in Ertiga ?)

1) Universal Armrest Centre Console Hand Rest BIG Beige Biege For Suzuki ERTIGA | eBay
price: 1450 /-

2) Universal Beige Car center Arm rest / Hand Rest cum storage box for front seat | eBay
price: 898 /-

PS: I have still not bought Ertiga, but planning to buy ZDI...have learnt a lot by reading the awesome reviews here by the proud owners[:D]

@mohit,
all are of same quality i guess. Just the price difference.

@AppU,
No, the colors are different. I feel Black color would be a better choice in your case. Mine Beige was even close to that, but was not happy. Black would have been better as the handbrake cover color is black too.

@mohit,
all are of same quality i guess. Just the price difference.

@AppU,
No, the colors are different. I feel Black color would be a better choice in your case. Mine Beige was even close to that, but was not happy. Black would have been better as the handbrake cover color is black too.

Thanks for your suggestion appus.

Yes a slight variation in color will spoil the whole theme. So, as like you said it is better to go for black.
Can you post some pics of your armrest?

Thanks for your suggestion appus.

Yes a slight variation in color will spoil the whole theme. So, as like you said it is better to go for black.
Can you post some pics of your armrest?
Will do that later. Too late to go out now. More over, it is raining [embarass]

Thread Starter #37
Hi,

One clarification required, both the links show different price on ebay.
Is there any difference in these 2 products (does both fit ok in Ertiga ?)

1) Universal Armrest Centre Console Hand Rest BIG Beige Biege For Suzuki ERTIGA | eBay
price: 1450 /-

2) Universal Beige Car center Arm rest / Hand Rest cum storage box for front seat | eBay
price: 898 /-

PS: I have still not bought Ertiga, but planning to buy ZDI...have learnt a lot by reading the awesome reviews here by the proud owners[:D]
I went by the name 'Ertiga' & bought the 1450 one as I did not want to take any risk. But when I received it, there was no mention of Ertiga on the box. It was universal. So it might be same as the 898 one. [anger]

@Knightrider:

Is the Beige is the same like Vista Beige interior? Or Shall I go for Black color?

Here is the Link of my Vista's Interior:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-vx-1-3-years-33-7k-kms-odo-4.html#post157720
As appus said, the beige might be slightly different. Looking at the black hand-brake assembly in Vista, I would suggest to go for black.

Knightrider/Hitesh05

"The panel has two plastic screws on one side (near middle row seats) & just pressed at the front. So this panel can be removed. The plastic screws need to be pulled out with screw-driver or something similar."

How did you remove these screws ? I am finding it a bit difficult. i managed to remove one of them and its not on threading, so, I can continue rotating with a screwdriver, it doesn't come out.

Using a pliers might break it since its plastic, as did the one that came out. It has been chipped, when forced-pulled it out.

Any advise ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
Knightrider/Hitesh05

"The panel has two plastic screws on one side (near middle row seats) & just pressed at the front. So this panel can be removed. The plastic screws need to be pulled out with screw-driver or something similar."

How did you remove these screws ? I am finding it a bit difficult. i managed to remove one of them and its not on threading, so, I can continue rotating with a screwdriver, it doesn't come out.

Using a pliers might break it since its plastic, as did the one that came out. It has been chipped, when forced-pulled it out.

Any advise ?
Try to press the inner section of the screw so that it can be flicked out of the hole. From the screw which you have managed to pull out, you must have seen the mechanism of how the screws are fit. Those are like clamps which spread outwards when in. You will have to press the clamp closer so that they slide out of the hole.

Thanks to all..I did the installation by myself as well. but, due to a silly miscalculation on my part, now, the handbrake lever is obstructing the panel. When I pull up the lever, the handbrake cover gets dislodged. I should have provide some gap for the handbrake lever.

But, overall, a good addition. Change of gear, even in the city driving, has become a breeze.!! So, on a highway, I hope it will be equally comfortable.

This was my first DIY activity with my Ertiga. On long drives, I always felt some pain in left arm due to lack of support to the left elbow. So searched for possibility to put an armrest on the net. In one of the thread on TAI I saw an armrest installed in Ertiga. So decided to explore more......
Hi, does it have a storage inside the armrest. please add photo of that will complete your presentation. thans for the great presentation

Last edited by a moderator:
Thumbs up for the neat and good looking DIY Knightrider. But don't you think you paid a bit more for the armrest. Here's the link of my listing on ebay of the same armrest. Universal Beige Car center Arm rest / Hand Rest cum storage box for front seat | eBay

Yes it can be fitted in the Dezire. You can fix it yourself or take it to any shop and they will fit it easily.

Hi Sunny 2525 : Looking to get the beige color armrest noted for my ertiga. What is the best way to reach you to place the order.

Top Bottom