DIY : ICE (CarpC / IVI) Install in Renault Duster

Thread Starter #1
I had been searching for a budget equipment with decent ICE + GPS navigation + OBD reader in the market for quite sometime but couldnt find anything that suit my needs. So I started a DIY project for the HU and the installation

Following is the list of equipment used:
============================

- Andrio IVI : An Audiophile grade Android based IVI with Beresford Caiman USB DAC. Display panel will be flush mounted to the top of the dashboard later.
(More details : Introducing a unique audiophile-grade headunit : Andrio IVIl)

- Speakers : Hybrid Audio Technologies Unity (6.5") using DIY 6.5" spacers

- Amp : Hertz HE4 (Channel A for the component speakers and the Channel B in bridged mode for the sub)

- Tapped Horn subwoofer (AutoTuba). Currently settled for a sealed version of JBL 804, will change the design to tapped horn once the main ICE is settled and also wanted to know how a sealed design sounds in a car as the tapped horn will be an extension of a sealed design.

- Belden U5000 series 16awg speaker cables

- VDH OFC / DIY UPOCC 0.5 meter solid core pure silver interconnects

- Door Damping using .8mm Bitumen sheets (Each door has 3 layers for the outer panel + 1 layer for the innerside of the inner panel + 2 layers for the inner panel, total 6 layers of .8mm damping, doors are pretty solid and no leaks b/n the front and back waves from the speakers.

- Generic Amplifier kit from eBay as I was in a hurry. Used the power cable and the fuse holder and the trigger wire. This power line will be used for a different purpose once I get a good quality 4awg industrial power cable.

- Installation : DIY

A quick Youtube video link:
http://youtu.be/6_MjQa-j31c

Few WIP pictures:
=============

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_9414.jpg

DSC_9415.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_9421.jpg

DSC_9423.jpg

DSC_9459.jpg

DSC_9468.jpg

DSC_9471.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
The prototype is running properly in my car. I am in the process of designing a proper 2DIN standard carcass and the enclosure and finalizing the price structure of the different models and it will be announced ASAP.

Top Bottom