DIY - How To Remove Sunfilms From Your Car

Thanks for welcoming to the forum.I was not talking about the llumar but the most common films, which come cheap and are a lot of non sense even when you are not removing it. (60% cars have that type of film)But never new that even the llumar too uses such a messy glue. if this the case then why to go for llumar. Garware has lot of range and for better results.

Thanks for welcoming to the forum.I was not talking about the llumar but the most common films, which come cheap and are a lot of non sense even when you are not removing it. (60% cars have that type of film)But never new that even the llumar too uses such a messy glue. if this the case then why to go for llumar. Garware has lot of range and for better results.
No offenses buddy actually you were talking about branded film and i was only clearing the air. Anyways, llumer is better than garware due to what it offers except that glue. AC was much efficient when i was having it. And now i can feel heat when sunlight falls on my skin.

Though i was having garware at the front windscreen of my indica which i think is not comparable brands like 3m, llumer.

No offenses buddy actually you were talking about branded film and i was only clearing the air. Anyways, llumer is better than garware due to what it offers except that glue. AC was much efficient when i was having it. And now i can feel heat when sunlight falls on my skin.

Though i was having garware at the front windscreen of my indica which i think is not comparable brands like 3m, llumer.
Yeah! we should talk about removal of the sticky gums now onward & not about the sun films as the SC has issued such an order which is applicable with lots of ifs and buts, as what do you do, what post you hold and what car you own. People with limos are never stopped let alone asked to remove the film.

Good one. Makes sense.. we in India wont even need heat gun [:)]
just leave car parked in mid-noon sun for about 30mins and god knows, the sunfilm might even fall off!! LOL

Hmm,

Good inputs on removing sunfilm friends and I thank you all for your valuable suggestions !!

I think it is the time for removing the sun films of my car as yesterday a cop warned me to remove them as a first warning and recorded my car number in his device.

I will remove them today and post the pics after removing. Now to re confirm from you people, I have just parked my car in the sun now and after a hour are so, I will peel it off and spray colins when it is needed !!

Hmm,

Delhi is too cold these days with some really freezing temperatures[surprise] and suddenly Hyderabad became warm since last two days !! so the heat during day time is enough to remove the sunfilms, I could not do it due to time constraint, but

tried to peel off some small portion, it came of well, but leaving the gum on the glass as it is Llumar film !! I will remove it some time tomorrow

I just started removing the film, its so easy man

I kept my car under sun for 30 minutes and using a good surgical knife, so it is getting peeled off easily and using petrol to clean the adhesive and later applying colins and cleaning with news paper, I will post the pics once I am done with it[:)]

Sorry for bumping into an Old Topic.

Last month i was driving to work and the Mumbai Cops caught me for my Tints. They took my license and told me to remove it within a week. I removed it at a Local garage but the mechanic told me wash it with soap water. There were glue stuck on my window and everytime i put my hand on the window i felt like spiderman :lol!: glue was so strong so i went home and washed it with soap water and guess was nothing happend. And then i kept it like that only and the other day i was giving a lift to one of my colleagues he rolled down the window and the window got stuck. Took it to the garage and the mechanic told me the wind up machine had given up and will cost 750. the glue is still there on my window ill surely clean it up this sunday

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello Friends,
Can someone tell me if Light colour Films are valid or not? I visited a few Tuning shops and they said above 70% visiblity films are allowed by RTO. I'm getting my XUV 500 soon and was thinking some light films as the sun is really torcherous here!

Sorry buddy, but legally, you are not allowed to stick anything on the glasses. Not sure but most of the cars these days come with tinted glasses, so you will have live without aftermarket sunfilms.

Top Bottom