DIY - How To Remove Sunfilms From Your Car

Re: Removed the Sunfilm...How to clean the windows.

I've already used shampoo, colin etc .
Thanks.
You can use Colin, but the main thing is, you have to wipe them off with a towel(not of turkey material or soft) Just give some pressure and i bet it goes off in seconds

It's the same thread bud, guess you meant to say him go for page 1[;)].

Use petrol this time,it will work.Take a cloth,dip it in petrol and rub with slightly tight hand and see the magic.

I tried petrol today. Its removing but very slowly. I had to rub very hard and only cleaned a small portion of 1 window in an hour. Looks like it will take a whole day to clean all four windows. Will do that on Sunday.

I tried petrol today. Its removing but very slowly. I had to rub very hard and only cleaned a small portion of 1 window in an hour. Looks like it will take a whole day to clean all four windows. Will do that on Sunday.
My dear,no pains-no gains,nothing else can clean it faster than petrol/Though i have never done it before but my chauffy is a good experienced man and he has done it sometimes also he only told it to me.And yes,I have already mentioned that it will take a hard hand.
As much i remember,it gets tougher with the time,so I think it will be better if you don't wait for and do it soon,also try not to open windows till that time as it may cause minor damage to the beadings.

@Nozzlering:The petrol or thinner can't fell on the paint because everything will be done from inside maybe with A/C running.So there are no chances for the petrol or thinner to fell on the paint.

The petrol or thinner can spill not only while cleaning, but while handling also. So need to be careful. And using these volatile liquids with doors closed and ac running, you might start feeling dizzy.

I am also having same problem as sunny is having. Mine is also llumer. I have tried detergent water, petrol soaked cloth, nail polish remover but failed every time. Do tell us if thinner would do the job.

Many people have reported that they had success with thinner. You can use plastic blade used by sun film installers to scratch out the leftovers. Then use any cleaner. I hope it works for you.

Well,it always need some hardwork to remove all this stuff.BTW,when my sunfilms were removed the leftover was in a negligible amount which was cleaned by chauffy using just water in 10-15 minutes.I don't understand how the sunfilms are removed that they leave so much adhesive?
Secondly,thinner is the way to go if the petrol fails.And if the thinner also fails then again petrol is the way to go and if petrol also fails then 'car accessories shop is the way to go'!![lol]

I remove the sunfilms with a stationery pen-blade. But was unable to remove the adhesive clearly. I have two questions,
1) Should i also remove the sunfilm on the rear-glass?
2) How to remove the adhesive thoroughly? (I want this to happen in no time)

For all, who are scared of scratching their vehicle glasses with putty blades. Just try some plastic blade/plastic ruler(scale). It works like a charm. I tried a bit.

This is my first Post!

Hey guys today i wanna ask you, not to use llumer sunfilms in the future, for these reasons:-
*you can't identify whether it is llumer or not after installation.
*Its hard to remove leftover adhesive after removing the film.

Though it is possible to remove adhesive using petrol dipped cloth, but its really hard.

Top Bottom