DIY High Power Dome Light From LED Bulb!!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Once I forgot to switch it to "door mode" from "ON mode" after the interior cleaning works on a Saturday night and let is there for about 36hours.This incident was with my stock battery which was more than 5 years old, so I fainted by seeing the light glowing inside I rushed to grab the key and unlocked the car and switched it off. On a quick checkup found the temperature is quite normal doesnt feel like it was glowing for more than a day. I thought the battery must have drained and the car wont start but luckily it started.
LEDs rule the roost in This department. LED's are Highly sensitive to small changes in Voltage. A Voltage difference of 1v can reduce the Power consumption my Half!

As you left the lights on, The battery slowly discharged to perhaps 11.5 or 11v. As a result, The LED power consumption (which was very small to begin with) Reduced even more and saved the battery.

OT: Already converted home lights to LED and even ceiling fan to low power consuming fan.[:D] Saved 111units on the present electricity bill.
Ha ha, technology saves man, just think if there was halogen?
So changing led for home also saves you some 100rs every month
Double OTT-
Added LEDs and also converted Home+ office on Solar for powering the LED![evil]
Im running a dedicated 12v line for the LED. A regular car battery can power table lamp level LEDs for over a week!
Now i have big fat 3 batteriers that are charged by solar and used at night. I think I have a month of LED glow in those batteries!

Thread Starter #17
Once I forgot to switch it to "door mode" from "ON mode" after the interior cleaning works on a Saturday night and let is there for about 36hours.This incident was with my stock battery which was more than 5 years old, so I fainted by seeing the light glowing inside I rushed to grab the key and unlocked the car and switched it off. On a quick checkup found the temperature is quite normal doesnt feel like it was glowing for more than a day. I thought the battery must have drained and the car wont start but luckily it started.
LEDs rule the roost in This department. LED's are Highly sensitive to small changes in Voltage. A Voltage difference of 1v can reduce the Power consumption my Half!

As you left the lights on, The battery slowly discharged to perhaps 11.5 or 11v. As a result, The LED power consumption (which was very small to begin with) Reduced even more and saved the battery.

OT: Already converted home lights to LED and even ceiling fan to low power consuming fan.[:D] Saved 111units on the present electricity bill.
Ha ha, technology saves man, just think if there was halogen?
So changing led for home also saves you some 100rs every month
Double OTT-
Added LEDs and also converted Home+ office on Solar for powering the LED![evil]
Im running a dedicated 12v line for the LED. A regular car battery can power table lamp level LEDs for over a week!
Now i have big fat 3 batteriers that are charged by solar and used at night. I think I have a month of LED glow in those batteries!
Think you can create a thread separately for that? With pictures and infos, hope it will be help full

Top Bottom