DIY Guide: Installing Angel Eyes / Rings on Bike

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Up with a new DIY.had a very boring sunday.so installed the Angel eyes that I bought on ebay just for 320 for a pair.

What you will need:

>Angel eyes
>silicone solution/fevi bond(for sealing the headlight assembly)
>A switch(optional)
>Hair dryer or heat gun(It was easy with the hair dryer)
>screws
>Basic tools(The bike's tools won't do.you will need more better tools)

Please refer the pics below for the steps for your ease [:)]

Lets start:

Step 1:Remove the headlight assembly apart from the bike or car.

Step 2:Now starts the big deal.You need to open up the glass from the assembly.Take out your hair dryer or heat gun.start heating the headlight top where the glass connects with the assembly.

Step 3:Take a flat head screw driver.after you make it a little hot,start separating the glass from the assembly.the silicone gum should melt for the glass to be removed.you will also need some strength to seperate it.

Step 4:After you have opened up the head light you can clean the headlight glass if you feel if its dirty.

Step 5:You need to start fixing the angel eyes.The ones I bought had 4 holes in the corner for screwing them.so I made two holes in the corner to house them.

Step 6:If your rings don't have the provision,just use fevi quick to place them.

Step 7:you need to make provision for the wire to get out of the reflector.I used the pilot lamp hole to get the line out.You can also make a hole for that with a hot screw driver.

Step 8:After Positioning the ring and getting the wire out you need to seal the assembly now.Warm up the left out silicone gum in the reflector and the glass.If you have bought the silicone paste apply it on the parts required and fix the glass in place.If you have bought fevi bond.Put the fevi bond in the required area(be little generous) and place the glass.for better safety fill the gaps with the fevi bond.

Step 9:You need to get the power for the rings now.you will be having a driver unit with the rings or if you have bought the LED ones you won't have it.you'll be getting two wires Red(+ve) and Black(-ve or ground)

there are two ways you can connect:

1.hook it up with the pilot lamp
2.get a line from a switch

For Type 1

Very simple.You will be having two wires for the pilot lamp.just shed some part of the insulation and hook it up with the respective terminals.The angel rings will turn on when you power up the pilot lamps.

For Type 2:

for those who have a AC lighting setup in you bike or the ones who want it to be ON only when they want.

Refer the Below Link.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4-diy-switch-controlled-led-lights-setup.html

If you want it to light up just after you turn on the key.Just remove the switch and direct the wire.There won't be any problem with that.

Note:Please don't use the switch I used in the pic.It couldn't take the power.

Comments welcome [;)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Doesn't look bad at all. Lets see how the adhesion holds up against the heat generated inside the lens. Would you mind posting the details about the cost/brand of the angel eye?

Looks good !! It would have been better if you had got a white colored one.

Do post the wiring details and where you have placed the switch.

Thread Starter #5
wiring details is in the decription.I have used the wiring pattern of the pervious DIY http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4-diy-switch-controlled-led-lights-setup.html

You can see the placement of the switch in the pic attached.I have placed it next to the speedometer(the fibre dashboard)

I felt that the white wouldn't give a good look with the reflectors.I thought it would be like a house hold CFL bulb [:D]

O.T-are there any LED headlight bulbs?cause i have seen torch lights with just a single LED perform very well with the reflectors.Also seen audi's with them.are they expensive,so why we are using them.heard a LED costs just 2rs and they consume less power

Last edited:

Top Bottom