DIY - Fully Covering KTM Duke 200 Rear Mudguard

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am off-late feeling lot of pain in cleaning my baby duke almost once in every 2 days. This pain is mostly caused by the split in the rear mudguard. It splashes mud and dirt all over the rear shocks and everywhere onto the engine sides and silencer. Cleaning those areas is like your hand doesn't get into all the small crevices over there!!! Hope every other duke rider over here would have thought of this earlier and have undergone this pain while cleaning his duke every time. Googled all over and not finding any practical and long running solution [embarass]

So the intention behind this thread is to gather all of the duke lovers ideas to have this rear mudguard 'fully covered' by any means which will lengthen our duke cleaning period from 2 days to 7 days!!! So guys, please post all of your ideas with pictures (if you have some) on how to cover this in detailed steps and the materials to use and if possible from where to purchase and approx price.

C ya with ideas!

@mods:Have searched for similar post. Could not find one with similar content. Please feel free to move this anywhere if you feel so. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
See someone fixing an extra wheel hugger to cover the gap. I think Joseph Alex, TAI member, did the same. New Dukes come with an extra rear shock covering flap, which can save the shock from dirt.

hi Boltfromtheblue,

I have a Ninja 250, It doesnt come with a mudguard, only a chain cover, I modified, FZ16's the first version's that is to fit my Ninja. Its mud guard and chain cover made in one piece.

If you are okay with compromising on looks, I suggest you look using either this one or CBR 250's or better yet, get the FZ16's V2.0's chain cover come mud guard. You will be good to go bro.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
Thanks a lot DeVille_56 & rider16 for the suggestions.

@rider16: I dont have big issues with compromising the look of my beast when it increases the usability and practicality. These come first to me over looks.
But my idea was to have a complete gaurd which comes with Yamaha fz16 Version 2.0 like in this picture here.

Does anyone here in TAI or any one in your friends circle have tried this Yamaha fz16 Version 2.0 rear full cover mudgaurd on their duke 200/390?

Or does any one have some idea how good can dis fit on duke 200?

Attachments

Hi, Bolt,

No one I know has tried this. Although, you should try it if that complete cover up is what you are looking for. It wont be that hard, use plastic tie strap fasteners where you cannot fit screws, the ones that are used on the duke's handles to fasten the wires.

Try it and let us know here too. All the best.

Top Bottom