DIY Console Box, Speaker Raiser Boxes & ICE Installation in M800

Hi All,

New to the forum and not sure if this is the right page for this. Would be glad to move the post to other pages if someone could guide me.

I have a 98 model Maruti 800 (Std Petrol) and was looking for a console box for it. As of now it does not have any such accessory. I would be glad if someone could refer me to a store in New Delhi where I could get one. Also in case it is possible, can some other car's console box fit in Maruti 800.

Regards,

Hi All,

New to the forum and not sure if this is the right page for this. Would be glad to move the post to other pages if someone could guide me.

I have a 98 model Maruti 800 (Std Petrol) and was looking for a console box for it. As of now it does not have any such accessory. I would be glad if someone could refer me to a store in New Delhi where I could get one. Also in case it is possible, can some other car's console box fit in Maruti 800.

Regards,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Good to have one more M800 owner here. Please do start your ownership review. There are many auto accessories shops in karol bagh and lajpat nagar. You may get the center console in 350 -500 rupees. Alto center console can also be installed in M800.

Thread Starter #18
Hi All,

It's after a very long time. But I never stopped reading through the interesting threads going on in TAI. Recently me & my brother did a DIY extension to the center console that we built before. I thought of sharing some pics with you guys.

We thought of putting the empty area in the middle of the dashboard to good use. The face plate was built using acrylic sheet.
DSC_0224.jpg

Checking the fit before the finishing
DSC_0255.jpg

The clock, temperature and battery voltage monitor bought from ebay.
DSC_0253.jpg

Finished face plate.
DSC_0261.jpg

The final result. The knob is for a wiper speed controller that works independently from the main wiper switch. It's 4 speed internment.
DSC_0274.jpg

Checking the fit before finishing. There was a big design & building phase before this but I cut to the chase.
DSC_0894.jpg

Instead of having a arm rest we opted to have hollow area for storage since the other storage area in front of the gear leaver was almost full with various stuff.
DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

The final look of the front.
DSC09535_small.jpg

Last edited:
That's fantastic job dude. Looks flawless.
A shorter gear lever should add better looks as-well (if you are interested)

Thread Starter #21
Hi charithao !!

Wow you are back with a cool DIY.. looking too good. How did you wire the int ? Any relay needed ?
Thanks Varun. Actually the INT circuit is custom made. It connects parallelly with the existing controls to the wiper motor through a relay.

Last edited:
Hi, charithao, That's really an awesome work, much better than OEM finish.[clap]
I have couple of queries-
How have you mounted that acrylic sheet on the centre console (Dash), Is it just stuck on the dash with adhesive or you have used screws?
Have you used leather or rexin on that acrylic sheet to make it grey?

I have a 1992 model 800, and that portion of the dash was mercilessly cut to fit an after market music system but later removed and now i want to close that cavity.
My plan is to do something similar and fit a DX model clock and a Clarion radio (OEM in India) in it.
Your help in this will be highly appreciated. [:)]

Please find below the pics of my dash and the DX clock and clarion radio.
Image courtsey for DX clock and radio- teambhp.com

Attachments

Top Bottom