DIY : Carputer Installation In Toyota Qualis

Yes I didn't use VGA extension cable, also the usb cable for touch screen connectivity. Will shorty try to move it, please suggest a perfect place on Qualis dash.
Yo could mount it above the passengers AC vent (above center console). Although I don't know the dimensions but that area is little cramped you might have to fabricate a DIY to hold the monitor in its place. Maybe a Ipad holder or something of that sort if the screen does'nt fits the spot.

Thread Starter #17
Good work dude! Congrats...

Any reason for not using an android based tablet? Would have been much easier and presumably cheaper.
We had these with us motherboard, processor, ram so why to spend for a new one. Also I don't know much about (not familiar) andriod.

Yo could mount it above the passengers AC vent (above center console). Although I don't know the dimensions but that area is little cramped you might have to fabricate a DIY to hold the monitor in its place. Maybe a Ipad holder or something of that sort if the screen does'nt fits the spot.
Wont it affect visibility. Or let me try below the A/C controls. I will post a pic of entire dash so that you can suggest.

Yes it will turn off, but we can even connect it to the +ve at accessory point which i snot connected with the key.
How will it shutdown automatically when you are powering it from a Inverter unless the inverter has provision for it? I guess you have to manually switch it off.

Thread Starter #21
It will directly turn off, it wont shutdown. I have a smps which works for atom board which has a provision for this. But it is not working with the current mother board.

Hi Varun,
Good work& neat installation HDD will not ideal for Carputer Application if you find any SSD, that will be best option and where you sourced this SMPS & Monitor

Hi Varun,
Good work& neat installation HDD will not ideal for Carputer Application if you find any SSD, that will be best option and where you sourced this SMPS & Monitor
A 2.5" Laptop HDD would be ideal for a carputer as it has good shock tolerance (several G's). SSD's are too expensive for the size they come.

What cabinet did you use. I had all the parts of the carputer but abandoned the project midway as I could not find a suitable cabinet.

Top Bottom