DIY - Carbonized Hyundai i10

Thread Starter #33
Dude materials cost 1500 and if dryer cost 500 then total cost is 2k right? For 2k i can get it done at shop. So the point of DIY is to reduce cost and also increase passion and love towards one's car[:D]

Regards,
Sankar
Bro it all depends on how you place the sheet.
If you are using one complete big sheet you might not encounter many bubble so no dryer needed.
Where are you getting the material from can you tell me the length and width of it. If it covers whole of your roof at once then you might not need the air gun so much.

Bro it all depends on how you place the sheet.
If you are using one complete big sheet you might not encounter many bubble so no dryer needed.
Where are you getting the material from can you tell me the length and width of it. If it covers whole of your roof at once then you might not need the air gun so much.
My guess is Dzire roof require 20 feet of cf wrap. I am getting 2 sheets of cf wrap 10 sq feet each. So I will need a heat gun right?

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #35
My guess is Dzire roof require 20 feet of cf wrap. I am getting 2 sheets of cf wrap 10 sq feet each. So I will need a heat gun right?

Regards,
Sankar
I think it would be safe to borrow a air dryer from somewhere if possible because I don't think it would be worth buying it.

I am [confused]. Its completely you decision bro.

I think it would be safe to borrow a air dryer from somewhere if possible because I don't think it would be worth buying it.

I am [confused]. Its completely you decision bro.
Let me check with couple of friends if anyone have a hair dryer. If not possible i will go with doing CF wrap from shop.

Regards,
Sankar

sankarnarayan: are you going to use joint in CF sheet in your roof ?
I am planning to buy two 12sq feet CF sheets.

Here is the link from where i will purchase

3D Carbon Fiber Vinyl Sticker black textured sheet 36" x 48" / 12sq.ft | eBay

2 sheets will costs 1600 but a single 24sq feet sheet will cost 1700 which should i buy? A bit confused.[confused]

Link to 24sq feet sheet:-

3D Carbon Fiber Vinyl Sticker black textured sheet 48" x 72" / 24sq.ft | eBay

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #40

2 sheets will costs 1600 but a single 24sq feet sheet will cost 1700 which should i buy? A bit confused.[confused]

Regards,
Sankar
If you have measured the roof top you can plan accordingly in whichever the wastage is less you can go for that.

As I have joint on top but its hardly visible.

Regards,
Sankar
i will not recommend you to use a joint in between CF vinyl, trust me it will not look good, have less life and apart from this rates are also on higher side just for vinyl.
try to get a single sheet.
I will suggest you to do this from professional guys. (suppose if you destroy the sheet while applying by mistake, what will you do? [lol]) if it will be done by sticker guy you do not have to worry if he has to waste 1,2 sheets while applying plus as they are masters of this job, you will get a good finished product. well, this is my opinion and if you want to do it as DIY, than all the best mate. [clap]

If you have measured the roof top you can plan accordingly in whichever the wastage is less you can go for that.

As I have joint on top but its hardly visible.
Thanks will do the measuring tomorrow and update the thread.[:)]

i will not recommend you to use a joint in between CF vinyl, trust me it will not look good, have less life and apart from this rates are also on higher side just for vinyl.
try to get a single sheet.
I will suggest you to do this from professional guys. (suppose if you destroy the sheet while applying by mistake, what will you do?) if it will be done by sticker guy you do not have to worry if he has to waste 1,2 sheets while applying plus as they are masters of this job, you will get a good finished product. well, this is my opinion and if you want to do it as DIY, than all the best mate.
CF wrap can be done only at one place in Trivandrum and it's a bit costly considering DIY will cost only half. So a bit confused.[confused]

Top Bottom