Thread Starter #16
Did the ambient lighting for my friends santro last week

This time theme was blue

Pics to follow soon

Great job buddy, your quality of work is very impressive [clap]
Thanks Visran [:)]

Thread Starter #17
Some pics of the Ambient lighting in the santro. Theme is Blue

I feel newer cars are more suited to ambient lighting since they have rounds and curves unlike old cars

Attachments

Last edited:
Really an impressive job buddy .
Just one thing, where did u place the LEDs in those cup holders? Were they exposed or concield by some means?

Thread Starter #20
Amazing work RPM2500 bravo bravo [clap]
Thanks Djewel

Really an impressive job buddy .
Just one thing, where did u place the LEDs in those cup holders? Were they exposed or concield by some means
Thanks,
I have made 3 holes in the cup holder/door latch, the led strip is stuck from behind. The light comes out from these holes

One has to take care while making holes, too big a hole can look bad

Im unable to quote messages as im replying from my phn

T Theferrarian & Saubhagyab t hanks for liking my work

- Yes, the wiring is a little complicated, doing it as a complete DIY also wouldnt be advisable if at all sufficient electrical knowledge is not at hand.... Atlest considering risk of short circuit an things like that. I tried this as a complete diy myself but prwfered having an electrical person around....
I had left tje work half complete and finally took help of an electrician, of corse he did a very shabby job and didnt complete the work also. He was pretty much not able to understand wat i intended to do

Two days earlier took help of a friend and completed the dashboard setup and all pending electrical work also re did the door pad connections

Yes those are leds in the door pads...... The dashboard lights however are called Electro luminocent lights commonly calked as EL lights

For a new car i would consult the after service folks before doing such electrical work keeping in mind the warranty
one of superb DIY. it looks nice. i like that mod very much
did you make any holes in plastic covers (in blue light part)?

Last edited:
RPM Great work man. I am really sorry for not able to help you when you asked me to check for EL lights in chennai.

But even then somehow you found it and did a great job.

Thread Starter #27
Wiring, i have taken from parking lights. Over and above that a separate switch in case we are on highways and don't want disturbance of the lights

I came across the Ambient lighting technology in modern cars today while googling for some information (BMW, Audi,Merc etc.) Loved the concept and always wated to do something on my car as well as a DIY
This is one hell of a DIY. You are simply awesome mate. Can this be done to Dzire? Can one do this with out wire cutting.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #29
RPM Great work man. I am really sorry for not able to help you when you asked me to check for EL lights in chennai.

But even then somehow you found it and did a great job.
No worries Sethu Sir :-)

This is one hell of a DIY. You are simply awesome mate. Can this be done to Dzire? Can one do this with out wire cutting.
Thanks Sankar Narayan, It can be done to any car, the only rule you have to keep in mind is that the light source should not be visible but the light should be visible

You can just splice the wires rather than cutting them. im not sure if that voids warranty, i would leave that to be answered by other members

Hope it Helps [:)]

Top Bottom