DIY BMW Style Ambient Lighting

Thread Starter #46
Can this EL wire diameter be increased or say i want more flat kind of style. More size means it will be consuming more power not more than 3W.
@manjoo i did not get your question that time hence answering it again - Yes, the El tapes and wires come in different diameters and tape sizes,if you are particular about the sizes E bay is the best place if not DealExtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide will suffice your needs

what i meant is to get the originality i personally feel the the EL wires or tapes whatever we are using should be varying accordingly and should be Shadowish in nature,

Because if we see the picture in the first page of BMW the dashboard and the door side ends continuity seems to be varying and looking great with dimmed effects.

Thread Starter #48
what i meant is to get the originality i personally feel the the EL wires or tapes whatever we are using should be varying accordingly and should be Shadowish in nature,

Because if we see the picture in the first page of BMW the dashboard and the door side ends continuity seems to be varying and looking great with dimmed effects.
It is appearing shadowish because it is placed neatly under the dashboard panels.... But we also need to realize that the OEM dashboards of such high end cars are made keeping in mind the provision for the EL lights unlike our cars

Here we have to make it look like OEM with the limited provisions we have

PS - Ambient lighting in newer cars looks more appealing due to the curves in the door pads and dashboards and cup holders

EL cup holder.jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
looks like connected to park lamp wire.
drls are not parking lamps. they're on as long as engine is running, even during the day (hence the name DAYTIME running lamps ).

they're connect to dedicated relays if provided. otherwise they can be connected to engine solenoid relay.

the cabin LONGUE LIGHTs exhibit the same behavior as drl. they're always on. however in my case, they're on full brightness when we Open the door. but they will dim down upon using headlights for night use.

Last edited:
After being Inspired by my XUV thunderbolt and Many Images in this thread, I have made a DIY of simple LED Ambient Lights, Glove box lights and DRL for my Hyundai i10 Blue Boy

I never thought or dreamt that i10 can be so beautiful & attractive like this. I am not DIY type enthusiast, hence will show this photos to my mechanic & let's see whether he can do such magic on my i10 sportz AT.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I never thought or dreamt that i10 can be so beautiful & attractive like this. I am not DIY type enthusiast, hence will show this photos to my mechanic & let's see whether he can do such magic on my i10 sportz AT.
go ahead!
and let us know if you need any Help!

Top Bottom