DIY: Armrest For My Ford Figo Aspire

Thread Starter #1
So the daily travelling of 60+ kms to work and long trip planned in Nov decided to have an armrest in my Aspire.
Started looking for various options on Amazon/ Flipkart.
Found this one to suit my need.

Auto Pearl- Universal Big Car Armrest Centre Console Hand Rest - Beige Chrome

The cost of the armrest was Rs.999/-with free home delivery. I immediately ordered one.
The package arrived in 3-4 days.

Was able to install on Sunday.
It was as easy affair to assemble as box had the information on how to assemble the armrest.

Now the issue was fixing it in the car as I did not wanted to drill any holes. and fixing the armrest in such a way that it does not move or rattle during daily drive.

Luckily the Aspire has 2 screws one on each side at the base of last bottle holder.
So I removed them and fixed the armrest. Checked for any rattle but nothing.
So happy with the installation.[:)]

When fixing the screws of armrest I fixed them vice versa means the screw head was inside and the nuts were outside. This avoided the screw to get stuck while fixing the armrest on the central part.

Though I have lost 1 bottle holder but its worth having the armrest for those long journeys and in city traffics [:)]

Auto Pearl- Universal Big Car Armrest Centre Console Hand Rest - Beige Chrome
Armrest.jpg

The screw highlighted in red to which I fixed the armrest.
Armrest 1.gif

Final Output [:)]
Armrest2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Can you post pics of how it looks from the side ? And I think this will hinder with the handbrake usage ,the only thing which stops me from getting one.

Hello,
I also own the same. Is the handbrake is real comfortable after this installation ?
I tried one variant but removed it in a day because of hand brake access problem.

Thread Starter #8
Hello,
I also own the same. Is the handbrake is real comfortable after this installation ?
I tried one variant but removed it in a day because of hand brake access problem.
Its not that comfortable as it will be without Armrest, but the comfort of armrest while driving is more. You could refer to the pics in above posts. I do not feel any hindrance for using handbrake, though I use the handbrake every time I stop at traffic lights or at stop - go traffic.

Top Bottom