DIY Alternator Upgrade of Maruti 800

@Varun and jarpickle

I have the pricelist of TVS-Lucas alternators.

Part no:- 3SA45Alternator(improved)With Vaccum Pump
Vehicle:- Winger-DualA/C
Alternator Output:- 12V-150Amps
Cost:- Rs.30642.55[cry]

Part no:- 3SA45 Alternator
Vehicle:- TATA SAFARI DIESEL (BS-II & BS-III)
Alternator Output:- 12V-135AMPS
Cost:- Rs.26530.37 again [cry]

Seems very costly. Another option is going to scrapyard and get hold of used alternator.

Regards,
Sankar

For fitting take your alternator along and compare it.The specs are not given anywhere.

Who knows there may even be a cheaper option available once you visit the dealer.

If the prices at the dealer are more than expected, you still will know the exact alternator you need to look for at the gujri.It helps to go visit the dealer in more ways than one.

Last edited:
For fitting take your alternator along and compare it.The specs are not given anywhere.

Who knows there may even be a cheaper option available once you visit the dealer.

If the prices at the dealer are more than expected, you still will know the exact alternator you need to look for at the gujri.It helps to go visit the dealer in more ways than one.
Dude how can i take my car's stock alternator? My Dzire is my daily ride.[confused]

The best option is to take lots and lots of pics of alty. I can do that when i take my car for second service next month.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #81
It is not required to remove your alty, just mention the dealer to show the swift diesel's as well as the other one which you want. You can easily compare.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any info I can go there on weekends.

It is not required to remove your alty, just mention the dealer to show the swift diesel's as well as the other one which you want. You can easily compare.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any info I can go there on weekends.

Instead of pics take measurements.That would help you compare better.
Thank you guys. Today was held up by some other work. Will go to Lucas TVS asap. Inclined to Swaraj 150amps alternator as of now. Lets see if it can be accommodated in Dzire's stock alternator location.

Regards,
Sankar

@Varun560061 - I am not techie but a question from my end. Isn't it possible to rewind the alty with better gauge wires to pump more power ? Any auto electrician should be able to do this. [roll]

Yesterday we had one of the heaviest rains i have ever seen. So couldn't go to the dealer. Will call them today morning and will take an appointment.

Regards,
Sankar
Just curious to know , why do you want 200-250amps power ? [confused]

@Varun560061 - I am not techie but a question from my end. Isn't it possible to rewind the alty with better gauge wires to pump more power ? Any auto electrician should be able to do this. [roll]

Just curious to know , why do you want 200-250amps power ?
To power something big in my car. A big car audio setup close to 10,000w RMS[:D]

I am now planning dual 300A alternators since the monoblock amplifier alone eats 850A current[clap]

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom