DIY - Altering the Front Grill of Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, am again with another DIY which i have done a couple of months back.
You can see the grill which i had in my 800. That was some aftermarket grill with type 3 design made for the type 2 M800.The grill was there when i bought the car. That was the first thing i wanted to change.

grill_01.jpg

I didnt like the design at all. You can see that flat area of grill near the headlight(dont know why these guys are making such things. What happens if they fill that area with the grill!)

I searched for the old type grill which have 'maruti 800' monogram on it(I love it). But i didnt get it then and decided to alter the existing grill.

Bought some M-Seal, one can spray paint, one broken split AC grill (of cource from the scrap yard [;)]), masking tapes, hacksaw blades, grinder, files, emery paper etc.

Let the pictures explain.

DSC02943.jpg

DSC02942.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

DSC02961.jpg

DSC02962.jpg

DSC02964.jpg

The outcome
Maruti-800-grill.jpg

I am not sure how many of you will like the design, but i am sure its better than previous and guys keep the 'AC Grill' thing as SECRET [:D].

Re: DIY- Altering the front grill of Maruti 800

Looks fantastic dude. [clap]
Its better than the previous one & the OEM grill too.

Post some snaps taken from front.
Cheers[thumbsup]

PS: Is that number plate 'pasted' or 'bolted'? I could not find any bolts. Some detailed snaps please.

Super, Great job, By the way whats the total cost.. is that grill made of metal or plastic ?

Excellent job again[clap] I dont know what to say. It looks great, more better than the stock ones and its got an even better 80's look. And this wont be a secret anymore cause its posted on TAI. Know what I'm saying?[;)]

Hope people like you were there as designers in automotive companies, so we did not have to buy whatever ugly things they sell as cars!

Thread Starter #5

Looks fantastic dude. [clap]
Its better than the previous one & the OEM grill too.

Post some snaps taken from front.
Cheers[thumbsup]

PS: Is that number plate 'pasted' or 'bolted'? I could not find any bolts. Some detailed snaps please.
Thanks dude,

Actually its pasted and bolted. The number plate is a plastic sheet which i cut from that scraped spit AC, and its glued to an 'L' shaped metal sheet and that metal sheet is bolted to the downside wall of the bumper. so later if i change the number plate, no visible holes will be there on the bumper. See the pictures.

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

350Z

Core Team

Perfect job and moreover extremely neat, I must compliment. It is looking much better than other Maruti 800 Grilles, including aftermarket and OEM. Your DIYs are interesting to read and also informative. Do keep that coming, until then, this thread receives a reputation and five stars from my end. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Looks very neat dude. Congrats.

Question: why the vehicles reg. numbers are blurred? I saw everybody make it blur or erase, so do I.
Just a privacy measure. If you are 'ok' in exhibiting your reg plate, go ahead.

Top Bottom