DIY - 3M Nomad Type Noodle Mats For Ford Ecosport

Thread Starter #16
I am posting the map for the place in chennai where you find most of the automobile stuff. This is to help people who are new to Chennai or who are not aware of it. There are lots of shops and you need to walk around this place to find what you want. The best thing to do is park your car at the Express Avenue mall and to do the walking.

GP road2.jpg

The map below is specific to the place where you get a lot of home furnishing stuff (Bharathi road). This includes the foam, curtains, carpets, cushion covers and to be relevant to the thread the noodle mats. There are lots of shops and its again better to do a walk after parking your car at the Express Avenue mall. The shops that sell noodle mats are on both sides of the road (highlighted in blue). You can find them as you enter the Bharathi road on either side. The shop that I bought (Jai Bharath Enterprise) is on the right.

GP road.jpg

Jude, Thanks a lot for detailed map. Eventhough I know about GP road, new thing is bharathi road. Even i need to get some foams for my Sofa.

But how you carry those to EA parking? (I simply thought of taking someone along with me and ask them to wait outside of EA and pick them up on the way)

Thread Starter #18
Jude, Thanks a lot for detailed map. Eventhough I know about GP road, new thing is bharathi road. Even i need to get some foams for my Sofa.

But how you carry those to EA parking? (I simply thought of taking someone along with me and ask them to wait outside of EA and pick them up on the way)
Thats a good idea too. In my case I went alone and hence did it that way. BTW, the entire mat would be folded and tied so that it is easy to carry. I just walked with it. It wasn't an issue. But if you are planning to take foam as well, then I suggest you take someone with you. Parking there is a headache and the cops are around waiting to tow the vehicle near these shops.

Great job man. neatly done. I too did that on the rear floor of my car. But i used stronger mat. the primary reason i went for them was the OEM mat was slipping. it was a very good idea to split the mat, i did that as a single piece. I am having trouble taking it out when cleaning.

Thread Starter #22
It's been more than 4 years since you have done this DIY. Is the mats still doing their job well? Any wear and tear happened to the mats? It will be interesting to know your feedback.
Except for the mat for the driver all the other pics are still intact and as good as new. The noodle in the area where my heels grind the mat are gone but there rubber below is still there. This is after more than 60,000 kms. I haven't changed the driver side mat since it otherwise is good. The other pieces will last another 4 - 5 years as they still are as good as new.

Except for the mat for the driver all the other pics are still intact and as good as new. The noodle in the area where my heels grind the mat are gone but there rubber below is still there. This is after more than 60,000 kms. I haven't changed the driver side mat since it otherwise is good. The other pieces will last another 4 - 5 years as they still are as good as new.
Thank you Jude! Great to know that noodle mats have this much durability. Worth trying them at this cheap price.

Finally got my DIY video on getting the Noodle mat done for the Ford Ecosport.

https://youtu.be/_OFY-5hs7fk
I brought the same mat from GP road you mentioned for my Ritz Last year. 100 per sqft and total 16 took to complete.
Its been a year which great looking and neat & tidy my car interior
My friends and relatives love to sit without shoes or floaters.

Finally got my DIY video on getting the Noodle mat done for the Ford Ecosport.

https://youtu.be/_OFY-5hs7fk
Wonderful Video Jude. Surely it will be useful for a lot of people.

I have a question and a suggestion.

Question, is these noodle mats are a kind of disturbing material while driving or comfort for the driver. will it skid and move forward so that it affects the pedal movements?

Suggestion, for marking how about using the existing mat? so that it will be perfect.

Am planning to do the same for my sparky since the company provided mats are in very old now (I got it when I got my sparky in 2011 after that never changed it since it was good till few months back)

Also sent a pm to you for off topic clarification

Top Bottom