Diwali Scares For Our Wheels!

Thread Starter #1
Hiya,

Was just wishing a few people in my apartment complex and the discussion steered towards the various perils during this festive season.

I remember this one time when some kids lit a rocket and the bottle tipped over just as it did. What happened afterward involved a lot of yelling, a premier padmini with a burnt tire and the fire-brigade guys lecturing the kids over the near disaster that was averted.

So, i was just wondering if anyone had any such experiences to add. Would serve as a reminder to the dangers faced by our wheels as we celebrate this festival of light.

Cheers,
Girish :)

Our society has strict rules that no firecrackers should be lighted anywhere near car parking. the security ensures that, so no problems till now.

Well same here , no problems here caused to any of my rides so far due to fire crackers! And moreover we have separate car parking inside our gate near our block , no firecrackers inside that gate![:D]

Thread Starter #4
Our society has strict rules that no firecrackers should be lighted anywhere near car parking. the security ensures that, so no problems till now.
Well same here , no problems here caused to any of my rides so far due to fire crackers! And moreover we have separate car parking inside our gate near our block , no firecrackers inside that gate![:D]
Sigh! how i wish we could have an arrangement like this. But then again, we don't have a car park area that is gated off. Besides, for someone who's grown up running amok in the complex[evil], I'd really hate to be the killjoy that shuts the kids down.

I guess its fine so long as the kids play safe :D

Wish you a Happy Diwali guys

yes this is the common problem with many appartments, buildings where its upto the people staying there to ensure no major accidents comes up, even at my building our lane is too small but still we ensure that rockets, arent burnt in our lane but outside our lane where there's one open land,either then that routine kids crackers are lit outside our appartments gate, nothing inside is allowed.

Leave alone the major damages ,

A small piece of burning paper from a cracker , or a a small cracker bursting in top of car like the roof or bonnet makes the paint fade .

covering issues also do not help.

Best way is to leave the car for service

Is it true Ilango??!! Man , i need to be really careful then! Today i saw small kids bursting crackers just next to a brand new Fortuner![frustration]

can anybody tell whether it is okay to cover our bikes / cars on diwali..i'm always feared if they catch fire... in my area children dont burn cracker inside but you never know if some rocket suddenly comes down [angry]

can anybody tell whether it is okay to cover our bikes / cars on diwali..i'm always feared if they catch fire... in my area children dont burn cracker inside but you never know if some rocket suddenly comes down [angry]
Avoid putting body cover to your rieds during Diwali, as they leave holes on the cover. Mine was damaged yesterday only!!![frustration]

yes diwali is good time for people but sometimes bad times for cars. I have seen the tires of cars catching fires. Not mine though but still very dangerous.

Am learning many new things here! Will make sure me or any of the people i know don cover the rides during Diwali![thumbsup]

Thread Starter #15
Speaking of keeping our wheels under cover, most of the regular covers end up doing more damage to the paint than leaving them uncovered.

I have seen many owners pick up these fancy car covers, usually from the Dealer at the time of delivery as a freebie or from the local accessory shop. These end up scratching the paint surface or trap heat causing the paint to fade. [frustration]

It saddens my heart to see month old Puntos/ I20's in brilliant blue or hip-hop black with scratches caused by ignorant owners.

Cheers,
Girish

Top Bottom