DIS on My Tata Manza Aura Conked Off!

Thread Starter #1
It was flickering for a few days before that. Today the display is gone totally. Does anybody know if this is covered under warranty? Also what is the cost of replacing one?

Thanks in advance,
./a

Hi Atul,

Welcome aboard. Yes DIS is surely covered under warranty. Get in touch with your After sales service centre for more details.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks @Akash and @ilango for this valuable piece of info. I can confidently talk to Pandit Auto now for getting a free replacement.

I have the same problem with the DIS on my manza and i solved the issue. The DIS is covered under warranty. you can replace the same without any cost. please contact to the nearest tata dealership/service centre. 3-4 months back, tata motors used to replace the Display part only. But in some cases, the problem came again. So now tata motors insists on replacing both the DIS as well as the Meter console. (Both costs Rs 6500/- each).(You will get a new meter console which starts from 0 Km...!). All these will be done with a zero bill.

happy journey
[:)]

Wow
that sounds like a Factory Fault
Were there any volunatary recalls of the particular model ?

and do they have any explanation why did it stop working

Welcome! atulgore79 and B.S.Shyam,

Welcome to the TAI. We have quite a few Manza owners active here.

I too own a manza which has done over 26000 kms. Touch wood, I have not encountered this particular problem. Since both of you have got this problem, the rest of us need to keep a watch for this one.

Can you guys give the year of manufacture of your cars?

In my car DIS is limited to a Digital clock.

I have mentioned about the following info in my ownership thread.

It went off before third service and reported this to SA during 3rd service.

They did not change it at that time saying stock not available.

Later they replaced the same in warranty while repairing the rat eaten fuel pipe.

Driver Information System - Low end - Rs 3869.56

Instrument Cluster with new Software - Rs 6451.30

Amount paid Rs 0 (since replaced in warranty)

There was no issue with Instrument Cluster but they said its one set and has to be replaced together.

Edit - Note: Instrument console replacement did not change any odo reading.

Last edited:
I own the manza aura ABS for the last 15 months (2011 March) which has done almost 40,000 kms. Starting from the first day, I have faced a lot of small small issues like microphone cable cut, noise from front wheel hub, engine oil leak, power steering oil leak, Clutch master cylinder complaint, glove box lock loosen, rust in fog lamps, DIS display problem, A/C recirculation motor complaint…etc..etc. All issues were solved at the service centre under warranty with a zero bill. (All parts are replaced at Concord Motors, Kochi).

In the case of DIS, i had to wait for almost one month for the stock to come. The service people said a lot of complaints came regarding DIS display. There after they replaced both DIS and instrument cluster. The odometer reading changed to 0 kms. The DIS display problem solved. Now I am facing another problem with the new DIS. I can’t reset the average mileage using SET button. Whenever I reset the trip meters, the average also changes to zero. Earlier I can reset the both independently. Another problem is sometimes the instant mileage varies in each second. Before replacement, it worked properly and the readings were accurate. Now I am not minding such issues…..
However I am satisfied with the space and comfort that manza gives. The mileage is also not bad..(18-20 kmpl in cities and upto 25kmpl on highways…)
[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
My Manza is from Nov 2010 qdjt aura, pearl white with 14k on the clock.
Update on the DIS. Last time i had mentioned that it completely conked off. But now i notice that it is sometimes very faintly visible in the night and the numbers it shows seem to be correct. So i am inclined to think that this might be screen issue rather that the DIS instrument itself.

Since it was the holiday season and i was making frequent trips around Pune, I haven't visited TASS regarding the DIS issue yet :). Plan to follow up on that this month.
Thanks to everybody on the TAI forum for replying on this thread and sharing their experiences.

@B.S.Shyam: You mention that the odometer was set to 0 after the replacement and software upgrade. Or do they set it back to the original reading? And most importantly what happens to their service records? what mileage do they record there? We don't want issues like denied warranty for a DIS change and suspicions raised while selling the car :). I will clarify this with TASS before I let me work on my car :)

Another problem that i see is with AC cooling or rather the airflow. The blower motor seems to be running at full speed when i set the knob to max (based on the noise it makes), but there's no increase in airflow.

I suspect this might be a issue with dirt clogging the AC air filter or the filter chamber. I had a similar issue with my santro a few months back. I local garage where i service my santro removed a pile of dry leaves and other kachra from the chamber that houses the AC filter (this is just below the wipers). The whole AC service cost me Rs. 2300 but after that the AC is a chiller!

I hope its not a AC recirculation motor problem in my manza like B.S. Shyam mentioned.

TAI experts please share your opinions regarding the same.

Except for the issues I mention above, the ownership experience has been quite good and event free. During delivery the car had a misaligned boot lock (the boot had to be shut really hard to lock) and a scratch on the front bumper and below the fog lamp cluster. TASS offered to repaint the whole bumper. I left it as a beauty spot (buri nazar walon ke liye :)) as its hardly visible unless you kneel down.

I notices the misaligned boot lock issue after a few days of driving and it was solved using a hammer :). The contraption on which the lock latches on was misaligned slightly. A TASS technician got into the boot by folding down the rear seats, observed what was happening and hammered the plate a couple of times and the problem was solved...

The engine, i feel is now coming into its prime age :). After the 3rd service and a complete oil change, it gotten smoother. I just love the torque on this machine. You have to be careful after you shift from 1st to 2nd, if you have good revs, the car just pounces ahead and you have to be ready to brake if there's traffic in front of you. On level roads, one can easily drive in 2nd-3rd gear without inputs to the accelarator :)
On my latest trip to Pune-Kolhapur-Mahabaleshwar-Pune in june, the car gave me an average of 19.6! The drive had a good dose of revving to enjoy the turbo whistling in and giving you a kick. The car kicks some serious butt around 3000 rpm in 3rd gear.

Another thing I love on this car is the bluetooth connectivity the music system offers. It pairs nicely with my android phone and allows seamless phone calls and music streaming. The speakers are a let down thought. I have heard that upgrading this music system is really tough because of its 1-DIN design, low capacity power supply and only 4inch holes provides for speakers. I am generally weary about letting outside car accessory shops play with the wiring etc.

Also the other day I saw a manza on Satara Rd, Pune with Alloys very similar to that of a BMW 5 series. They were plati alloys with a lot of spokes. I was just amazed at how good they looked. That particular specimen is also a pearl white manza :), so i was day dreaming of getting the same alloys on my manza too. I tried to locate the owner to ask for more details, but the car was locked and the owner wasn't around.

Manza members please share your experiences about ICE/alloy upgrades.

Thread Starter #11
My Manza is from Nov 2010 qdjt aura, pearl white with 14k on the clock.
Update on the DIS. Last time i had mentioned that it completely conked off. But now i notice that it is sometimes very faintly visible in the night and the numbers it shows seem to be correct. So i am inclined to think that this might be screen issue rather that the DIS instrument itself.

Since it was the holiday season and i was making frequent trips around Pune, I haven't visited TASS regarding the DIS issue yet :). Plan to follow up on that this month.
Thanks to everybody on the TAI forum for replying on this thread and sharing their experiences.

@B.S.Shyam: You mention that the odometer was set to 0 after the replacement and software upgrade. Or do they set it back to the original reading? And most importantly what happens to their service records? what mileage do they record there? We don't want issues like denied warranty for a DIS change and suspicions raised while selling the car :). I will clarify this with TASS before I let me work on my car :)

Another problem that i see is with AC cooling or rather the airflow. The blower motor seems to be running at full speed when i set the knob to max (based on the noise it makes), but there's no increase in airflow.

I suspect this might be a issue with dirt clogging the AC air filter or the filter chamber. I had a similar issue with my santro a few months back. I local garage where i service my santro removed a pile of dry leaves and other kachra from the chamber that houses the AC filter (this is just below the wipers). The whole AC service cost me Rs. 2300 but after that the AC is a chiller!

I hope its not a AC recirculation motor problem in my manza like B.S. Shyam mentioned.

TAI experts please share your opinions regarding the same.

Except for the issues I mention above, the ownership experience has been quite good and event free. During delivery the car had a misaligned boot lock (the boot had to be shut really hard to lock) and a scratch on the front bumper and below the fog lamp cluster. TASS offered to repaint the whole bumper. I left it as a beauty spot (buri nazar walon ke liye :)) as its hardly visible unless you kneel down.

I notices the misaligned boot lock issue after a few days of driving and it was solved using a hammer :). The contraption on which the lock latches on was misaligned slightly. A TASS technician got into the boot by folding down the rear seats, observed what was happening and hammered the plate a couple of times and the problem was solved...

The engine, i feel is now coming into its prime age :). After the 3rd service and a complete oil change, it gotten smoother. I just love the torque on this machine. You have to be careful after you shift from 1st to 2nd, if you have good revs, the car just pounces ahead and you have to be ready to brake if there's traffic in front of you. On level roads, one can easily drive in 2nd-3rd gear without inputs to the accelarator :)
On my latest trip to Pune-Kolhapur-Mahabaleshwar-Pune in june, the car gave me an average of 19.6! The drive had a good dose of revving to enjoy the turbo whistling in and giving you a kick. The car kicks some serious butt around 3000 rpm in 3rd gear.

Another thing I love on this car is the bluetooth connectivity the music system offers. It pairs nicely with my android phone and allows seamless phone calls and music streaming. The speakers are a let down thought. I have heard that upgrading this music system is really tough because of its 1-DIN design, low capacity power supply and only 4inch holes provides for speakers. I am generally weary about letting outside car accessory shops play with the wiring etc.

Also the other day I saw a manza on Satara Rd, Pune with Alloys very similar to that of a BMW 5 series. They were plati alloys with a lot of spokes. I was just amazed at how good they looked. That particular specimen is also a pearl white manza :), so i was day dreaming of getting the same alloys on my manza too. I tried to locate the owner to ask for more details, but the car was locked and the owner wasn't around.

Manza members please share your experiences about ICE/alloy upgrades.

Top Bottom