Dilemma - New i10 Era or Used Swift VXi

Thread Starter #1
Here's a thread for the used swift http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/5394-used-car-around-rs-3-5-lakhs.html

Its swift vxi - 2006, 47000 Run, Tubeless Tyres, Music system, First owner, No accident history. I would get this swift for around 2.70.

And Now I came to know that hundai is offering 36000 cash discount on i10, and hence I would get Hyundai i10 Era 1.1 iRDE2 (power window, power steering) for about 4 Lakhs five thousand.

Money isn't a problem, What do you guyz think, should I go for used swift vxi for 2.70 Lakhs or I should get a new hundai i10 Era !

And I have just two days, the offer is expiring in two days.

Re: Dilemma - New i1o Era or used swift vxi

@Sramanandi:
Well,you have even put me too in this dilemma,I myself is unable to understand what to advise,but still,the below mentioned is what I'd have done:-

If I'd have been at your place then I'd have bought the Swift and drove it for some days,if the car came out to be good,then no problem.Drive it for a lac kms.
Else,just get it back to the market with some minor body touching and a servicing(this will increase the car's resale value)and sold it off.

Why this step?
Because in all this it may take 6-7 months,so we get the time to spare some more cash and also the car you have bought for 2.7 lacs will not depreciate any more than 20k,so you can sell it off for 2.5 lacs.

Still if you think of a new car,then book the i-10 for you,its a quite good car and delivers a decent FE too.But just take care that at the time of buying a car weather new or old,you must have at least 20% of the car's price as cash in hand.

Thread Starter #3

@Sramanandi:
But just take care that at the time of buying a car weather new or old,you must have at least 20% of the car's price as cash in hand.
I would be buying either of them on cash, no loans - I have full amount in hands :)

Thanks for the reply, Waiting for some more views from other members

If you plan to keep the car for 5 years or more then New car would be good,but if you are looking to keep the car for a short period of time then the used ones will be good as the depreciation rates are lower in used cars

BTW why not try the Eon(Magna) instead of i10? It has good features and a considerable engine IMO

Why you want to incur the depreciation by selecting a new car let it be any make.
Considering budget and cash in hand you can get higher class model car instead of new one.
For new car you will get a pride of owing the new car and peace of mind in terms three free servicing and warranty.
Recently I bought two second hand cars one for brother and another for myself.

First is Fiat Linea E pack diesel costing 6lks Aug 09 62K odometer genuine.
Second one is Ford Fiesta classic TDCI SXI touching 5lks 08 AUG 51K odometer genuine.
Probably I might have selected punto/swift/vista/figo in 6lk budget.
In 5lks I would have restrict myself lower versions of diesel hatchback.

I have sacrificed pride of new car but got a big n top end model of respective cars.

Just going by what you have in hand and what goes in the market, I would suggest you to go for used Swift. Check the car, if you find to be worthy, it is better option for reasons below:-

1. Cars comes fully loaded you dont have to spend anything on it. I also bought a pre-owned swift in 2008 and it has served me well
2. Swift is a segment above i10 any day. It has better style, better resale, road presence
3. Maruti's after sales service. Hyundai is though second in number but is expensive
4. As it is pre-owned, and you will have loads of money left in your hand, you can do plethora of Mods, like better looking alloys, performance tyres, DRLs, performance enhancers like FFE, K&N, electricals upgrade etc. Swift with all these Mods will definitely look killer anyday
5. Owner of swift has already taken hit as depreciation, why do you want to take that with new i10

Agree with Thetraveller & powerpacked Just go for swift Man, cos in 4L you can get a better 2nd sedan [;)]

well i dont advise to get in hassle of used cars when can get new one! chek out eon or brio buddy!

Thread Starter #10
I got the swift the 2.75 Lakhs, got it examined by a mechanic and he says there's no issue.
I should get the delivery by 30th, I hope that i have got a good deal.

Top Bottom