Different Types of Driving Licenses Available in India

i think there is another type of license for commercial vehicles.
As far as I know commercial license is issued to those who have at least one yr of valid permanent license and passed a tougher test of driving. Commercial License holders can take up driving commercial vehicles [ they are now professional driver ]. Its validity required to be renewed after a reasonable time [not known to me] and one has obtain it through registered driving schools only. Learned friends may correct me if anything stated wrong.[:)]

Thanks for the very essential information.

If I would have read this before 5 years, I could be saved of many bucks. Once on way to Shimla from Delhi, at Himachal Pradesh border, Police demanded from us the hill driving license, said it is a must to drive in hilly areas. Naturally we didn't have that, so he asked Rs. 2000 as fine. We settled the case in Rs. 500 & entourage nowhere this license was demanded. How stupid of us.[frustration]
Hill driving license [lol]. Hilarious.
License for Tractor is separate. Also can see the validity period in the picture of my license. IMG_20140726_084413.jpg

Last edited:
An International Driving License is noting but a permit to drive in overseas.
You must have a Valid Driving License to apply for permit and must carry the license and permit overseas too.

We settled the case in Rs. 500 & entourage nowhere this license was demanded. How stupid of us.[frustration]
On a lighter note, I recall this line
idea internet jab lagawing india ko no ullu banawing :biggrin: no ullu banawing

hey guys ..
i want to confirm that which vehicles fall in the LMVCAB(T) license .
also do tell the gross vehicle weight along with all the important information regarding this.

I shall be thankful to all the guys responding to my query.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Update:

The Union government has proposed a steep increase in the fees for issue and renewal of driving licences for all types of vehicles. A licence for driving a private vehicle may cost up to Rs. 1,200, up from Rs. 320.

The cost of driving lessons will also go up as the government has proposed a four-fold increase in licence issue and renewal fees for driving schools from Rs. 2,500 to Rs. 10,000. Moreover, the States have been authorised to charge an additional fee for conducting driving tests.

The Union Road Transport and Highways Ministry proposed amendments to the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, on July 28 to charge separate fees for conducting driving competence test for different categories of vehicles. The fee structure was last revised during 2001-02.
Link

Regards

Akash

The government has done away with the requirement of a commercial licence for driving taxis, three wheelers, e-rickshaws and two-wheelers (food delivery etc), allowing drivers to use their private licences for the same.

Times Of India Link

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Driving licences to be uniform across India​

The new DL will have details of a driver's declaration to donate organs and mention if he/she is driving a specially designed vehicle meant for the physically challenged.

From July 2019, new driving licences (DLs) and vehicle registration certificates (RCs) issued by all states and UTs will be uniform

The 'smart' DLs and RCs embedded with microchips will have QR codes

They will also be enabled with near-field communication (NFC) feature , which will help quick detection of the card details
Link

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
DL issued across all states will be same format from July 2019 – Difficult to escape traffic fines

This rule will come into force from July 2019 and all DLs and RCs issued after this will have the same look, design, and colour. They will also have the same security features such as guilloche printing, micro-printed text, micro-line, ultraviolet florescent colour, hologram and watermark.

Read:

Top Bottom