Difference Between Single & Dual DIN?

Not necessarily. Cars with 100mm height can also have a single din unit, and the rest of the space can be left empty for storage.
IMHO, the basic difference/advantages of 2 din systems are;
1. They help give that 'integrated look in many cars like the Aveo, Fiesta, WagonR, i10 and swift which have space for 2-din unit.
2. It is possible to have a CD Unit as well as a Cassette player in a 2DIN unit, not in a single DIN unit.
3. Slightly larger screen(in some cases)
DIN is a standard and definitely you will be able to fit the 1 DIN (50 mm height) head into a 2 DIN (100 mm height) space, because the width (180 mm) is the same in both. Using the excess 1DIN space as empty storage is the usability part we have come up with; which is not part of the ISO standards :stupid: My point is, the features and functionalities offered by 1DIN and 2DIN systems has nothing to do with the standards upon which they have sized. If a manufacturer can offer touch screen, USB, FM, DVD, GPS or what ever in an 1 DIN, it is perfectly valid as per the standards. ISO has adapted the DIN standards to ensure that accessory manufactures follow the standards sizing for their products; so that vehicle manufactures can give the space accordingly in the dash board.

Hey Arkin i had told you there are many variants, As you shell more Vitamin-M the best you get.
I agree![clap]
DIN is a standard and definitely you will be able to fit the 1 DIN (50 mm height) head into a 2 DIN (100 mm height) space, because the width (180 mm) is the same in both. Using the excess 1DIN space as empty storage is the usability part we have come up with; which is not part of the ISO standards :stupid: My point is, the features and functionalities offered by 1DIN and 2DIN systems has nothing to do with the standards upon which they have sized. If a manufacturer can offer touch screen, USB, FM, DVD, GPS or what ever in an 1 DIN, it is perfectly valid as per the standards. ISO has adapted the DIN standards to ensure that accessory manufactures follow the standards sizing for their products; so that vehicle manufactures can give the space accordingly in the dash board.
Hey! I was actually agreeing with you about dimensions.
The features part was directed at AMG, and purely meant to clear his doubt, if possible.[:)]

Thread Starter #20

AMG

Suspended
Now time for me to rephrase my question.
Is there any other difference except for size?
Yes OR No

Yes there is no difference other than size.

Since 2 Din players are huge in size, it comes with some additional features which is not possible in 1 din. [clap]

about double din in maruthi a-star

I have maruthi a-star vxi 2010 model.i want ti replace company integrated audio device with sony xav-65 touch screen.do my car has possibilities to make these changes.

thank you

This is a 2-din system, which does not feature any of the features in Bold:

Not necessarily. Cars with 100mm height can also have a single din unit, and the rest of the space can be left empty for storage.
IMHO, the basic difference/advantages of 2 din systems are;
1. They help give that 'integrated look in many cars like the Aveo, Fiesta, WagonR, i10 and swift which have space for 2-din unit.
2. It is possible to have a CD Unit as well as a Cassette player in a 2DIN unit, not in a single DIN unit.
3. Slightly larger screen(in some cases)
@*Arkin_Young* you seem to know yourself around head units. Can you recommend me one?

Sorry for being off-topic. I'm looking for advice on single din head units and my last resort is the forum.
I've been looking for a good one and I couldn't make my mind up. All the reviews on the net seem to be hype. They are downplaying flaws and hyping any common sense feature like the volume knob. There are many brands that make stereos and they have almost unlimited selections. What should I be looking for? On the other hand I've came across a different blog. The blogger says it as it is and holds nothing back in this post. It's a bit critical for my taste. That has put me on the fence. So where should I get started?

Any ideas?

Top Bottom