Difference Between BS-3 and BS-4 Models

Went to the mahindra dealership from where i purchased scorpio, asked about bs4 diesel availability and the effects of bs3 diesel in bs4 vehicle, surprisingly they know nothing, even the difference between bs3 and bs4 vehicle. I was having more knowledge than them, thanks to the Tai-gers. Their answer " We sell only BS4 vehicles and their is no effect of either diesels in the vehicle. But they told me the place where their BOSS used to fill up and all their vehicles, will check that pump tommorow."

Strange are the ways of the government.
Prices of crude oil are gradually falling and now have fallen down to $70 from $125per barrel . As per the no profit no loss policy adopted by government, diesel was costing approx 67 Rs per liter when the rates in international market were sour. Now with 70$per barrel rate, it should ideally be sold at the rate of Rs 30 to 45 Rs per lit.But government is selling it @56Rs per lit !!!

Government oil co.s are earning almost 20 to 25 Rs per lit on diesel and similar calculations are true in case of petrol.

At least government should bother to make whole country BS 4 fuel compliant. And save all the BS 4 vehicles from getting their exhaust system clogged and damaging the catalytic converter leading to loss of power.

At least government should bother to make whole country BS 4 fuel compliant. And save all the BS 4 vehicles from getting their exhaust system clogged and damaging the catalytic converter leading to loss of power.
Tornado - Thanks for providing such wonderful insight into the BS3 and BS4 rated vehichles and fuels.[thumbsup]
Now this has got me wondering what have I been filling in my cars? [confused] I usually fill cars in Hinjewadi (BP pump next to Wipro in phase 2). Do you by any chance know if the diesel in that bunk is BS4 compliant?

If the bunk is located within PMC limits ,it can't be BS 3 .
Only bunks located outside PMC borders , irrespective of distance can provide BS3 Fuel.
Thanks, guess hinjewadi is outside PMC, I will try to confirm with the bunk attendant. Hope he knows what I am talking about. [confused]

A whole lot of vehicles are in trouble as those vechicles are not BS IV compliant.

Just a fortnight before the registration of Bharat Stage 3 (BS3) vehicles is supposed to stop all over the country , a section of automobile industry is hoping that the deadline will be deferred or interpreted in a way that sales could continue after March 31too. A group of automobile manufacturers claim to be saddled with an inventory of nearly nine lakh BS3 vehicles, worth over Rs 12,000 crore, which will go obsolete if the deadline is indeed enforced. According to the order of Supreme court mandated Environment Pollution Control Authority (EPCA), only BS4 compliant vehicles will be registered in the country from April this year.
Source: The Times Group

Inventory won't go obsolete, they can add the catalytic converter and make it BS-4 compliant. But the million dollar question remains, is the BS-4 fuel available all over India?

Top Bottom