Diesel Siphoning and Adulteration

Thread Starter #1
Just completed reading a shocking article in the hindu.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tanker-driver-caught-stolen-diesel-recovered/article4138821.ece

Nexus

The raiding police team, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police G.T. Ajjappa, suspected a deep nexus between the tanker driver and some petrol outlets. For, when the anti-theft seal is broken, petrol outlets are expected to reject the consignment. Instead, some have been accepting diesel despite the broken seal.

‘Regular supplier’

Deputy Commissioner of Police Krishnamraju told The Hindu that initial enquiries revealed that Venkatesh used to regularly supply diesel for HP from Devanagonthi station in the city to Hoskote. On the way, he would stop at a brick factory at Sadaramangala and download thousands of litres of stolen diesel to the factory owner Srinivasa Reddy.

Adulteration

Making matters worse for unsuspecting motorists, Venkatesh would mix kerosene and chemical solvents to make up for the stolen fuel before driving the tanker to its destination. Adulterated diesel is potentially hazardous for vehicles and heavily polluting, the police said.

Brick factory owner Srinivasa Reddy stored the stolen diesel and sold thousands of litres every day to private heavy vehicles at below market prices.
Damn! And I have been filling from only HP bunks in Bangalore. Probably this is happening across all companies.

Last edited:
I too use to fill diesel from HP bunks.
Possibility is there, this might be confined to some dealer only for those that delivery truck driver supply.

But still how those dealer accepting. I was thinking the delivery of fuel is very secured process. I have seen in the bunk, I do not know exact process but that use to take some time.

Thread Starter #3
Breaking the lock

When asked about the possibility of a nexus between the petrol bunk owners and the racketeers, Mr. Narang pointed out that the anti-theft lock used by oil companies was not fool-proof as claimed.

Racketeers knew how to break the lock using duplicate keys and re-seal after stealing.

Top Bottom