Diesel Sedan Under Rs.7 Lakhs. Is Manza Way to Go?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends
I am looking for a diesel sedan and so far identified TATA Manza as it gives cost for money. Please do offer your valuable advice as I am still not too sure.......
Firstly, is there a chance of separate price mechanism for diesel for cars as it would nullify advantages of a diesel car.
secondly, I am being offered a price of Rs 7L that includes insurence and registration( I am in Maharashtra). Is that OK or can I get some more discounts
thirdly, I hope I am taking a right decision of Manza. Any counterviews are most welcome
Regards to all

Re: Tata manza?

Manish, Manza is the best car in the class you can own,Manza has a lot of improved features,better engine superior comfort and Truly VFM But only thing it lags behind is its A.S.S, research little bit around your city to know about TASS if its good then you can go ahead with them.

Firstly, is there a chance of separate price mechanism for diesel for cars as it would nullify advantages of a diesel car.
The main advantage of owning a diesel is for lesser fuel bills,thanks for rocketing petrol prices Diesel is now considered worthy.
So if your daily running average is for 50kms a day then diesel is a better option,if it is less than 50kms then petrol is good buy,
because diesel engines have frequent service intervals and the air filter needs to be changed for every 3k in case of cars as they needs to be maintained for smooth run.

secondly, I am being offered a price of Rs 7L that includes insurence and registration( I am in Maharashtra). Is that OK or can I get some more discounts
Which variant are you looking at? If it is a 2011 made you can push for more discounts.

thirdly, I hope I am taking a right decision of Manza. Any counterviews are most welcome
Manza is a good decision no matter whoever says it has problems or whatever you just have to believe its a class apart.

Manza has its share if minor niggles, like any other car. But having driven it over 20000 kms, city, highways, and hill station with 46 hairpin bends, I would say I enjoyed every moment with it.

All the niggles have been fixed by the service station and I am very happy with it.

It has everything - space, FE, power, good pickup and is feature rich - more features than Honda City

I would recommend it.

You can go through my ownership review here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...my-manza-aura-abs-qjet-truly-breed-apart.html

Skoda Rapid and Etios are the other cars you could look out for near 7L budget, Rapid has good performance but the A.S.S makes it pain to maintain while the Etios has Toyota's horse might prove tobe reliable, still a new launch by any company is tobe avoided. But if you want bang for buck, alot of features or simply VFM then its Tata Manza. [:)]

Skoda Rapid and Etios are the other cars you could look out for near 7L budget, Rapid has good performance but the A.S.S makes it pain to maintain while the Etios has Toyota's horse might prove tobe reliable, still a new launch by any company is tobe avoided. But if you want bang for buck, alot of features or simply VFM then its Tata Manza. [:)]
For your Information Rapid costs more than 8 lakhs,he is looking for a sedan for 7 lakhs.

Etios might be considered if you can consume the skinny interiors and not so fascinating exteriors.
Manza looks several generation when you keep Etios in mind.And same is the case with Vista and Liva.

Dear Friends
I am looking for a diesel sedan and so far identified TATA Manza as it gives cost for money. Please do offer your valuable advice as I am still not too sure.......
Regards to all
Which variant do you mean here.When I purchased before 3 months , the OTR price after discounts in chennai was 6.85 L - 8.4 L. I bought Aura for 7.35L.
If you get 7 Lakhs for Aura variant then its more VFM than I bought. You should go for it. Even if its Aqua its still a good buy for 7 Lakhs.
I m enjoying the ride, pickup, FE and my family members love the rear space and comfort. My car did have niggles and were also solved till now. The only issue I have is the parking. I find it difficult to judge the rear end of boot. 3 or 4 times while reversing i hit some lamp post. Slowly getting used to it.

@Manish: Manza is a good vehicle Valu For Money

Good suspension
Great Brakes
Touch screen with steering control
ABS is good will nil jerk while braking

20000Kms my maintance is only syntetic oil and filters totally Rs.6000 only

Anything you want or have problem in manza immedeatly gets changed in warranty

Front suspension alone i got changed completely in warranty so no need to worry its great to own

As others said the old Manza tends to visit the ASS often but the new Club Class they have improved the rattling plastics now its peace to own no negative tracks

@Manish: Manza is a good vehicle Valu For Money

Good suspension
Great Brakes
Touch screen with steering control
ABS is good will nil jerk while braking

20000Kms my maintance is only syntetic oil and filters totally Rs.6000 only

Anything you want or have problem in manza immedeatly gets changed in warranty

Front suspension alone i got changed completely in warranty so no need to worry its great to own

As others said the old Manza tends to visit the ASS often but the new Club Class they have improved the rattling plastics now its peace to own no negative tracks

Hey Prashanth

I guess this Thread is no longer alive if you see the Q asked date by Manish it is 10 Jan 2012 ... [surprise]

I dont even see any further posts by Manish..[roll]

Dear Friends,

I am driving Indica Xeta GLS for last 6.4 Years and now i am planning to buy a good diesel sedan vehicle.

Below are the my requirements.
1) My budget ~ 8L (On Road). Can stretch a bit if required.
2) Will keep the car for 7-9 Years. 80% self driving
3) Main usage: Daily Office commute (30KM) and occasional week end long drives.
4) Good value for money
5) very good interiors and features.
6) good performance and handling on high ways ...Love maintain 3 digits on speedo on highway drives. :)
7) Good/smooth ride quality on city roads
8) Better ASS and low maintenance costs

Cars i thought of...:
TATA Manza
Swift Dzire
Nissan Sunny
Chevvy Sail
Tayota Etios

Could you please suggest a god car.

Thanks,
Ravi Kiran G

Hi Ravi,

I have actually seen the Manza Club class in the showroom. Also have test driven the Manza Aqua about 6 months ago. what I have observed is that:

The engine is very good, handling is superb. I was not so happy with the finish. But after seeing the Club class, I was Amazed by the interiors.

And to top it, TML have given a 50K discount on Manza Club class and also 60% buy back assurance. What more can one ask for?

I guess its Manza All the Way.

Hi Vikram and Dharmesh...Thanks for your suggestion.

I too has good opinion on Manza. I didnt face any major issues with my XETA, Of course had some niggling issues.

Hope i ddint face any rattling issues (major concern in my XETA) and niggling issues (acceptable upto small extent)

Got the below quotation for VX amd LX varients.
LX: 770679 On road after discounts
VX: 845707 On Road after discounts

They said they will give another 15k from dealer. I feel i can consider VX by stretching my budget.

Hi Ravi,
All the very best on your new purchase.
Did the dealer give u the 50000 benefit as well? Also which dealer did u go to? Malik cars or Tejaswi motors?

Top Bottom