Diesel Sedan Under Rs.10,00,000

Thread Starter #1
hey fox iam puting this thrad on the behalf of my freind who want to own a disel sedan , under rs 1000000 his main concern are ,
1. good fuel efficiency
2. A.S.S is must
3. specious and comfortable
4. handling and suspension .
5. goodies and features
as i think the opinion of fellow members are important so iam stared this thread .
nearest dealers are maruti , hyundai ,tata , chevrolet ,ford.[cheers]
please do mention pros and cons of each suggested vehicle as its become more convenient.thnks

Maruti Sx4
1. good fuel efficiency - 20-22
2. A.S.S is must - Maruti is best
3. specious and comfortable - It is specious and ok comfort level
4. handling and suspension - Handling is good and also very high gc and nice suspension
5. goodies and features - Lacks hes but you can get at-lest basics right
Negatives-Old looks,body roll,Less features

Hyundai Verna
1. good fuel efficiency - 20-25
2. A.S.S is must - hyundai service is bit expensive
3. specious and comfortable - Not that specious at rear bench also back seats are ok for comfort level
4. handling and suspension - Handling is super in city driving and good suspension
5. goodies and features - Fully loaded
Negatives-High speed handling and ride quality

Tata Manza
1. good fuel efficiency - 21-25
2. A.S.S is must - not consistent
3. specious and comfortable - Most specious and best in comfort level
4. handling and suspension - Handling is good and nice suspension
5. goodies and features - So many features at less price
Negatives- famous niggles and Tata ass??

Chevrolet Optra Magnum
1. good fuel efficiency - 18-22
2. A.S.S is must - ok
3. specious and comfortable - Very specious and comfortable
4. handling and suspension - Super Handling and suspension is also good
5. goodies and features - Many features at less price
Negatives- Reliability, Low resale, Outdated model

Ford New Firsta
1. good fuel efficiency - 22 - 25
2. A.S.S is must - ok ass
3. specious and comfortable - Not specious cramped back seats for 3 adults and commiserate OK
4. handling and suspension - Super Handling with typical ford dna and suspension is also good
5. goodies and features - Many features loaded
Negatives- Overpriced, Reliability, Low resale

Don't want to consider Vento,Linea,new Rapid?

My pick will be a chevy magnum !
amazing engine , nice product than its competitors , spacious , powerful yet efficient engine. best in class of all the competitor esp the engine!

bad thing is low sales so low on resale ,

If the raw power is what you need and love the cars whose power delivery is sudden,like a tsunami of horses striking you.
Also you want a lot of space and a true blue powerful engine which also performs like it is expected to be...
Then,my hot favorite,CHEVROLET OPTRA MAGNUM.
With a 2.0 TCDI engine,this engine pulls like a brute and the way it negotiates the steep inclines/hilly roads is simply impressive.I mean,just a small prod at the throttle and the beast under the hood is simply ready to conquer the world.
There is turbo lag,but since then engine is 2.0,so it still pulls,then it pulls harder and then it pulls even more harder to its top speed..

350Z

Core Team
Chevrolet Magnum makes for a really VFM deal in Pre-owned market and so does Mitsubishi Cedia albeit its not available Diesel. Both the cars are involving to drive but apart of it make sure to check out Volkswagen Vento and Hyundai Verna as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
If the raw power is what you need and love the cars whose power delivery is sudden,like a tsunami of horses striking you.
Also you want a lot of space and a true blue powerful engine which also performs like it is expected to be...
Then,my hot favorite,CHEVROLET OPTRA MAGNUM.
With a 2.0 TCDI engine,this engine pulls like a brute and the way it negotiates the steep inclines/hilly roads is simply impressive.I mean,just a small prod at the throttle and the beast under the hood is simply ready to conquer the world.
There is turbo lag,but since then engine is 2.0,so it still pulls,then it pulls harder and then it pulls even more harder to its top speed..
my main concern about chevrolet optra magnum is ground clearance and i find the car actually very lower to the ground as my friend is living in himachal and we all know about the condition of roads there so every bump on car like bump on his hurt , i want clarification on gc issue any one,,,,,,,[cheers]

@Shubham:
Who said that the ground clearance of the Optra magnum is a pain,yes it is quite low,but not that much that it is a serious concern.
I have driven a Chevrolet Optra Magnum to Jwala Ji twice and I have nothing to complain at all.

Thread Starter #8
thanks for clarifying buddy what about " kitna deti hain " fuel efficiency ?
dont you think that car is a bit out dated

Well,about kitna deti hai,then let me tell you:
I have taken 15+ overall as well as about 11 kpl too,it depends upon the way you drive and mine is quite hurry.
Rest the car easily delivers 15-16 kpl overall(and this is a good FE considering 2.0 and 120 bhp)also all others too deliver the same if you see overall FE.

About the out-dated,it looks quite and the interiors are also not at all funky/sporty too like others but its a fact that nothing is perfect.

Thread Starter #10
well said buddy , but want to know your take on verna crdi 1.6 sx ?
what you think about the car

I myself have driven a new Verna 1.6 CRDi from Meerut to Jalandhar and my experience was:
1)Front and side styling is quite good but have a look at the rear and you will feel it simply awkward,in fact its back looks very heavy too.
2)Loaded to brim with the features,in fact wherever you see on the dash,you will find something for a feature.
3)The driving position is quite good,but still lacks something.
4)The steering is feather light and is good for low speeds only,in fact its the best thing in city and slow speed hilly drives.But this steering is simply lacking the feel and seems to be disconnected most of the time,the response is also not that good and the tightening with the time is far less than required.
5)Rolls a lot and seems to get unsettled at high speeds.
6)Very powerful on paper,but story is quite different in the real world.It has good power,but does not behave like it has.
7)Brakes are good,but still others have them better.
8)Front seats are good and the dash has the quality feeling too but thr rear seats are low and hence have less thigh support.
9)Drove the car till 150 kph,it was extremely nervous and lacked confidence too,so I didn't pushed it more as it was terrible even at 150,so YOU CAN NEVER PLAY THE POINT AND SHOOT DRIVE ON THIS CAR,BECAUSE IT CAN SHOOT BUT CAN'T POINT CORRECTLY.

@Shubham:
This is the best diesel sedan in my views,but since there was no VW in your list in the first post so I didn't mentioned this car:
1)Most comfy rear seat and a good ride too.
2)Soft front suspension causes some wobbling motion in the car on uneven surfaces or highway speeds above 120 kph,rest its a perfect car.
3)Built and interior quality are simply the best.
4)Refined engine and a good overall balance between self driven and chauffeur driven facilities.
5)Low on maintenance and high on FE,what do you need now?
6)A responsive and good pulling diesel(less than magnum)but still a pure workhorse when it comes to doing its work,the work of transporting you comfortably.

In my views,this is a close your eyes and buy car..

WHY NOT WAIT FOR SKODA RAPID?

Thread Starter #14
buddy i konw but prblem is this that there is no vw showroom in my satate and if i go to purchase a car outside my state then i will charage 5% inter city tax (i hear this is this is true) if its not the case i will buy it
but what about A.S.S i hear that vw parts are quite expensive is its true and also one think ,what your take on fiat linea .
thanks in advance

shubam i own a vw vento tdi. i can vouch for most of what tsivipul has posted except for the wobbling at high speeds as i have touched 130 only once. i had td all the cars that you have mentioned and the tie off was between vento and optra magnum. the chip fell for vento as optra is an old model and the fe was only 14kmpl on an average.on the pulling part and space magnum is the best.

Top Bottom