Diesel hatchback

Thread Starter #16
Fabia is a nice car. Your dad and bro will enjoy the car. what about your swift?
Swift will be doing its job all around. I think it has clocked around 56k kms, last time i enquired.

Okay! Frankly speaking, If you are convinced with Fabia then no other car can change your mind now!

Fabia is just obsessed with quality to the max! GO ahead & grab it.

All the best for your drive.
I think that is going to happen in the end. Will update here if the full payment to Skoda is done tomorrow or not.

why are you not looking into the i20?
One of my uncle has it and he is not exactly satisfied with it. And none of the Hyundai in our circle did well in the long run. Isn't i20 pricier than Fabia?

And not worth when compared to quality & stability levels.
Yeah, agree with you. You wont find any other hatch more pleasing once you have checked the Fabia. But still do update your dad about the A.S.S.

if you are considering fabia then i would suggest ;reconsider

... and give a thought for punto 90hp. i think both fabia and p90hp are in same price bracket. though i dont know if it is a repeated suggestion but i feel it is worth so i am putting it here.
for a long run there wont be anything much better than punto /fiat cars( if they dont produce silly niggles) .ass issues and plastic quality talks are gradually fading and cars from fiat stable have started to show its lusture.

it is powerful, safe solid built, precise,feature rich,cheaper to maintain and most importantly a "STUNNER..!!"

btw you can own a punto within a week or two.

cheers.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Welcome back man ,I think we discussed about this sometime back in FB chat!
If you cant wait for long i think only Figo and Punto can be got sooner. Don know about i20 and Fabia in your place , if dealer has ready stock you might lucky!
I think that time, we discussed about a sedan. I heard this hatchback buy just a day before posting here only. Its a quick decision actually.
For the same reasons about Fabia, my dad is fixed onto it.

Yeah, agree with you. You wont find any other hatch more pleasing once you have checked the Fabia. But still do update your dad about the A.S.S.
I haven't heard much stories about Skoda A.S.S. Couple of my friends have Skoda, they haven't complained about poor service but yeah they do cost more than other cars. But my dad says with 15k kms service interval, it won't hurt much.

if you are considering fabia then i would suggest ;reconsider

... and give a thought for punto 90hp. i think both fabia and p90hp are in same price bracket. though i dont know if it is a repeated suggestion but i feel it is worth so i am putting it here.
for a long run there wont be anything much better than punto /fiat cars( if they dont produce silly niggles) .ass issues and plastic quality talks are gradually fading and cars from fiat stable have started to show its lusture.

it is powerful, safe solid built, precise,feature rich,cheaper to maintain and most importantly a "STUNNER..!!"

btw you can own a punto within a week or two.

cheers.
I'm a Fiat fan myself. The time we took TD of both engines, we weren't impressed. Like Cooldhaya said, maybe the engine would be better after run-in. My dad has no interest in them, he is not bowled over by its looks as well. So I can't bring up the Punto talk now.

And for the delivery time, Skoda guys say about 7-10 days(first they said like a month) and they would deliver as soon as possible.

Agree with Cooldhaya, on the Figo Diesel, it offers a good fuel average of 20 kmpl, has the lowest cost of spares and offers best space in its class. It has won many auto awards including the ICOTY, Autocar Awards, etc. making Figo the most awarded car in India ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #23
Sorry for not updating

Agree with Cooldhaya, on the Figo Diesel, it offers a good fuel average of 20 kmpl, has the lowest cost of spares and offers best space in its class. It has won many auto awards including the ICOTY, Autocar Awards, etc. making Figo the most awarded car in India ever.
On the Figo, its accidental repairs are pretty expensive for a uncle. And regular servicing costs around 8k every time it seems.

So buddy any updates? I think the final decision is going in favour of the Fabia!
Yes, it is Fabia and has done almost 30k getting ready for 2nd service.

And yes, you were all right about the service. The local service centre is lazy, irresponsible and take their own time (sometime in weeks) to get the job done. The maximum they took was little over a month for replacing AC compressor under warranty.

Top Bottom