Diesel Cars Demand is Softening: R.C Bhargava

simple am paying some tax every year and I don't want use my money for spending some one else SUV feeding as subsidy.
I dont find it a reasoning worth a mention.

No matter how much million you pay as Tax but nobody is going to support you when you are in god forbidden dire straight in later course of time.

Means, your money gets dissolved in lot many other things than mere SUV feeding.

Deisel Vs Petrol is a never ending fight .
Diesel Cars are better when a person has around 1400-1600 Km of running in a month's time .
Only then one is able to recover the extra premium that one is paying for purchasing a diesel car .

I beg to differ with all the PERTOL HEADS here (NO OFFENSES MEANT [:D] ) , why is it that only subsidy on diesel is seen ?
Don't diesel car owners pay around 1.5 - 2 Lakhs more on diesel cars while purchasing as compared to petrol ?

It's like while buying a diesel car one pays all the money upfront (ie extra premium of diesel cars) ,while in case of petrol cars , we pay the money (ie money spent on feul) in a timely manner.
It's all about how our mind plays games with us .

What Government says about diesel consumption about Personal Cars is not the complete truth .
Can anyone tell me percentage consuption of diesel cars (personal cars) when we compare it to TOTAL Diesel consumption in an Economy .
Its hardly somewhere between 5% - 6 % .Rest of the diesel consmption is being done by TRANSPORT VEHICLES / INDUSTRIES / POWER PLANTS etc ......

All our Government knows is to levy additional taxes on Personal Deisel vehicles ,rather than to solve this issue of price disparity [frustration] .

Also If we have a look at Petrol/Diesel prices nearly 40-50% is import duty , nobody want to reduce it or review it .

Amit

simple am paying some tax every year and I don't want use my money for spending some one else SUV feeding as subsidy.
read below article
Indian vehicle owners not to get subsidy on diesel, Government - Auto Industry News
Your thought is very noble man and I really respect it, but somehow your thought is not being practiced out there.
Diesel is a commodity of choice as of now and just like any other commodity its up to the consumer to choose what is best for him. If there has been a distinction in private car owner's fuel and public transport fuel, then your thought would have been practically noble too. I would have religiously gone to petrol bunk and let the truck driver take diesel slot.

Look at this too- given our transport infrastructure, a common man who travels 60-80 km daily in his diesel car is no less than a truck driver. On top of that he has to work for a irritating boss too!

I dont find it a reasoning worth a mention.
No matter how much million you pay as Tax but nobody is going to support you when you are in god forbidden dire strait in later course of time.
Means, your money gets dissolved in lot many other things than mere SUV feeding.
Yeah that's true too, there are no names written on money. But then..(read above)

Deisel Vs Petrol is a never ending fight .
Diesel Cars are better when a person has around 1400-1600 Km of running in a month's time. Only then one is able to recover the extra premium that one is paying for purchasing a diesel car.
I beg to differ with all the PERTOL HEADS here (NO OFFENSES MEANT [:D] ) , why is it that only subsidy on diesel is seen?
Don't diesel car owners pay around 1.5 - 2 Lakhs more on diesel cars while purchasing as compared to petrol ?
It's like while buying a diesel car one pays all the money upfront (ie extra premium of diesel cars) ,while in case of petrol cars , we pay the money (ie money spent on feul) in a timely manner.
It's all about how our mind plays games with us .
What Government says about diesel consumption about Personal Cars is not the complete truth .
Can anyone tell me percentage consuption of diesel cars (personal cars) when we compare it to TOTAL Diesel consumption in an Economy .
Its hardly somewhere between 5% - 6 % .Rest of the diesel consmption is being done by TRANSPORT VEHICLES / INDUSTRIES / POWER PLANTS etc ......
All our Government knows is to levy additional taxes on Personal Deisel vehicles ,rather than to solve this issue of price disparity [frustration] .
Also If we have a look at Petrol/Diesel prices nearly 40-50% is import duty , nobody want to reduce it or review it .
Amit
No, the extra premium on diesel may not work that way always. If a person has 10 lac of budget then he has an option of getting a top variant petrol of a middle variant diesel. So if the person does his maths well and selects the mid variant diesel, then he would save himself from paying paying high upfront premium of diesel and also keep low cost of running the car.

The link posted by vinayan shows that 15% is the share of diesel use by private car owners which is significant, and lays a good impact on subsidy burden of government.

I am of the opinion that govt. removes of this drama of subsidy and car manufacturers bring more efficient diesel engines howsoever smaller into market. This would bring in a balance initially at least and gradually the non subsidized prices would become a norm.

Thread Starter #20

read below article
Indian vehicle owners not to get subsidy on diesel, Government - Auto Industry News
But man, those diesel cars pay hefty tax to govt while buying the car as compared to Petrol car. So the diesel car owners getting subsidized diesel is not justified. Every one other person is looking at the difference of price between petrol and diesel, but why not to also put into consideration the initial buying price difference of petrol and diesel car?

I am okay if Government do a hike in Diesel but can this spine less Govt promise to make the economy stable and corruption free Governance. Will this spine less Govt, do a cutoff on their own luxury like a dinner party hosted by PM to woo the alliance and opposition has a cost of Rs 8000 per meals and 1 hour stay of Pranab Mukherjee cost around 35 Lakhs.

When I purchased a diesel car I was well aware that fuel price will be hiked but irrespective of cost the mileage will be definitely more than the petrol engine.In future for our office commute I will buy a Nano Diesel which will give mileage of 30-35 KMPL.

If the subsidy is taken back can Govt return the price difference which I paid.

Why not this Govt is giving tax benefit on Electric Car or why not this Govt encouraging manufacturer to go for Electric Car or higher FE.

Why not this Govt promoting CNG in all the major cities?

I understand only one thing this greedy Govt is more concerned about the income from Road taxes and other taxes which they get by maximum sale of Diesel car. If this Govt has spine they could have taken the preventive measures rather harassing us.

For them to Rule this rich country which doesn't appear rich to us but Swiss bank shows how rich the corrupt politicians and industrialists are.

P.S : I am sorry for being paranoid.The ever changing policies will not let us plan our financial need in a steady manner. Some time back I read in TOI that Provident Fund will not be based on basic salary but it will be based on Entire take home. If it happens my take home salary will be disturbed by at least 10-15K per month. I do not know how I will be able manage my on going loans and other saving schemes.
The panic for imposing additional taxes on Diesel car made me to purchase before the schedule which I had planned for and now I am paying huge emi.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
I am okay if Government do a hike in Diesel but can this spine less Govt promise to make the economy stable and corruption free Governance. Will this spine less Govt, do a cutoff on their own luxury like a dinner party hosted by PM to woo the alliance and opposition has a cost of Rs 8000 per meals and 1 hour stay of Pranab Mukherjee cost around 35 Lakhs.

When I purchased a diesel car I was well aware that fuel price will be hiked but irrespective of cost the mileage will be definitely more than the petrol engine.In future for our office commute I will buy a Nano Diesel which will give mileage of 30-35 KMPL.

If the subsidy is taken back can Govt return the price difference which I paid.

Why not this Govt is giving tax benefit on Electric Car or why not this Govt encouraging manufacturer to go for Electric Car or higher FE.

Why not this Govt promoting CNG in all the major cities?

I understand only one thing this greedy Govt is more concerned about the income from Road taxes and other taxes which they get by maximum sale of Diesel car. If this Govt has spine they could have taken the preventive measures rather harrashing us.

For them to Rule this rich country which doesn't appear rich to us but Swiss bank shows how rich the corrupt politicians and industrlists are.
Just one liner to this:

Indians are rich not India. [:D]

Thread Starter #24
Just been to Spectra Motors (Maruti Dealer) in Borivali, My friend had to enquire about Ritz. SA said, that Swift VDi is available within 1 week. No waiting period, nothing. Maruti already feeling heat think so. [evil]

Just been to Spectra Motors (Maruti Dealer) in Borivali, My friend had to enquire about Ritz. SA said, that Swift VDi is available within 1 week. No waiting period, nothing. Maruti already feeling heat think so. [evil]

i am thinking to get a petrol swift then , even more discounts? [roll]

Top Bottom