Did PAL Make a Padmini Station Wagon?

Re: Did PAL Make a Padmini Station Wagon

I also found out the car I'm looking at has been converted from a sedan into a wagon. Its a 1971 Padmini and the first owner converted it so he could carry his dog. The person my grand parents spoke to is the second owner. I think its been converted well and has been made to look like the original wagon.
Hi,
Sorry if I'm digressing from the topic but just want to point out that there wasnt really any padmini in 1971- PADMINI came out only in 1974.
Before that, it was known as Premier PRESIDENT for a year, and before that (1965- 1973) it was FIAT 1100 DELIGHT OR 1100D to be precise.
So that's what this car would be if it's indeed a 1971.

Wow this now turned into a premier padmini thread. Cars look real cool and well taken care of. Mehul sir, the front grille looks a bit off for the otherwise perfect looking car :)

Yes, PAL did make a station wagon version of the Padmini. My neighbourhood mechanic had one parked in his garage for some restoration work. Shall check up if its still there and would post a pic if it's indeed there.

Hi all,

Im Om.

My Dad used to have a Padmini station wagon in the mid 1980s , Before i was even born.

He was telling it was a second hand one, later replaced it with a new ambassador diesel model in 1987[:D]

Hi Friends, I am fan of FIAT1100/Premier Padmini and have one S1 96 model and website dedicated for the welfare of Padmini/Fiat1100/118 NE lovers. Premier Padmini Safari was in production for a short time in early 80s. Later on some lover used to convert it, as it was originally designed in Italy here s the pic of original Fiat1100 station wagon I have spotted.
Is it for sell ? my dad finally have decided to buy a used fiat, and this looks perfect :D

Top Bottom