Dicor's Pearl White Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD MT

Get the warranty now. Mahindra keeps raising the prices.
I had to pay roughly 30k.
True that. @Dicor, please buy extended warranty now. M&M increases the rates quicker as they follow inflation / input costs rather than FD rates.

ANDROID AUTO HANGS - This happened twice. If I stream music online on Google music. Android Auto screen freezes. Though Infotainment keeps working fine, but Android Auto becomes unusable. To sort it out. We need to turn the ignition off, wait for 5 secs and on again
Ask the service guys to update the firmware or software, in your next appointment.

TPMS from mobile app - All the tyres have been inflated at 32 psi yesterday at reputed automated tyre workshop. However 3 tyres shows 29.75 and one tyre shows 29 psi. To reconfirm, I again released some pressure and refilled it at 32 PSI. However pressure is still 29 PSI.
Usual teething problems. Either the sensor is gone or battery is gone. Tell the service guys next time, they will get it changed / put a new battery.

Accidental I have pressed voice command button many times when I turn steering.
Hill hold - I find this feature quite irritating. My driving habit doesn't let vehicle go back on inclines. But this feature hold the vehicle for 3 seconds; by this time, I've released the clutch halfway so as soon as brake is released automatically, vehicle jumps.
You will get used to both pretty soon.

It seems that we need to get spare wheel down to top-up air because it is mounted upside down. Is there any other easy way?
Sorry, no other choice.

I am planning to fill up Nitrogen in all 5 tyres. Does that require re-calibration of TPMS? If yes, how tough is that?
No need. In any case, look at John Cadogan's video on Nitrogen Vs Air before switching to Nitrogen. Excepting in urban areas, availability of Nitrogen is an issue. Made a lot of sense to me & I am struck with Air. Not at all that tough, but a bit tedious. Attached are the images from the manual.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello Dicor,
I believe you have driven both Dicor 2.2 and Mhawk 2.2 Quite long term. Both are 140 HP.
What difference have you noticed in High speed behaviors of these engines, and then the car as a whole? I am talking 140 Plus.

Thread Starter #19
No need. In any case, look at John Cadogan's video on Nitrogen Vs Air before switching to Nitrogen. Excepting in urban areas, availability of Nitrogen is an issue. Made a lot of sense to me & I am struck with Air. Not at all that tough, but a bit tedious. Attached are the images from the manual.
Thank you for sharing calibration information.

Regarding Nitrogen filling
I am using Nitrogen in my tyres from last 4 years and I have found no issues in this. Every approach has few pros and cons.

I agree with you that availability of Nitrogen is not easy. Also the rate of topping up at various shops varies drastically. Where I fill regularly, that workshop charge me Rs 20 for top up on 5 tyres. However when I am on move, I've even paid Rs 100 for top up (In Khandwa, MP) and Rs 50 is common. [frustration]

The good thing about Nitrogen is that during long runs on triple digit speeds (sometimes 500 KMs in summer in single stretch), Nitrogen doesn't inflate with heat. With normal air, I need to keep tab on pressure every day during travel.

If there is no flat tyre, I don't even check Nitrogen pressure until next alignment cycle (i.e 5000 KMs) and so far no issues.

Hello Dicor,
I believe you have driven both Dicor 2.2 and Mhawk 2.2 Quite long term. Both are 140 HP.
What difference have you noticed in High speed behaviors of these engines, and then the car as a whole? I am talking 140 Plus.
xuvvssafari2.PNG

Leaving specification aside, If I talk about ground reality, Safari is lethargic vehicle as compared to XUV. The initial start is very slow and then suddenly there is whistle (whooooshhhh!!!) and surge in power. XUV has very negligible lag. It builds up speed very quickly but passengers doesn't feel it because acceleration is linear.

Personally, I am quite addicted to turbo whistle and surge in power and I miss that in XUV. XUV also whistles but it's unnoticeable until you drive on noiseless atmosphere with windows roll down.

Engine Idle
Both engines sound same. In fact I always wondered why do they sound so identical until I noticed that both are manufactured with the help of same company. i.e. AVL.
During idle speed and lugging, DiCOR produce tik tik sound too and that comes from injectors. TATA explicitly mentioned that injector and timing chain problem is solved in Varicor engine. m_Hawk engine is very refined.

High Speed behavior
Above 2000 RPM both vehicles, have massive power available in any gear. While overtaking you just need to tap the accelerator and it's breeze. Safari isn't very tolerant to incorrect gears. It starts lugging. XUV too lugs but it is more tolerant than Safari. May be because you get power at lower RPM.

Above 3500 RPM
Both engines become noisier and crude.

Handling of vehicle
I've only taken Safari to 150 once and it was scary. Things are good if you are on straight line, but the moment you try to change the lane or little maneuvering, it is very very scary in Safari due to it's high center of gravity and soft suspension setup.
With 7 people on board, once XUV needle had touched 195 on Nehru ORR (Hyderabad) and it was very planted on straight line.

Note: I do not encourage dangerous speeds. I was young and had no dependents at that time, when I did those speeds.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
Yesterday 1 Month completed

The ODO count is 2134 KMs.
MID shows 11.9 KMPL and I have never reset it since beginning.
First thread in post is updated with niggles so far.

Update on clinking noise
As per last update the part was arrived. So had been to service station. My bad luck that part which was sent by warehouse was wrongly packaged. The packaging said that it's front LHS but actually it was front RHS.

As it was not done, so they said they will order it again. As they had opened entire assembly so after re-fitment, noise was gone. Afterwards I have drove vehicle approximately 180 KMs and no sound so far. So I can say that niggle is fixed.

This is the part which was wrongly packaged.
dust.PNG

TPMS Calibration Learnt
I've learnt the process of calibrating TPMS from them. It's simple.
1. Turn the ignition off
2. Top up air till 40 psi
3. Turn the ignition on press TPMS reset button for while (Button is located on the left side of speedometer)
4. Deflate tyre till you hear a beep sound. Repeat this process for all 5 tyres.
5. Turn the ignition off.
6. Top up tyres to 32 psi.

and voila!!! it's done.

PS - Rains have come and I am enjoying rain in my W10 :)
1.jpg 2.jpg

I've also updated about an event held at Unnati Motors while my vehicles was getting serviced.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s-mahindra-pune-sales-service.html#post541140

Hi dicor, Let me congratulate you first on buying this wonderful beast. It looks really nice in that white colour. XUV is famous for its niggling problems yet the day my pocket permits I would buy one.
Hope you have a wonderful time with your XUV for many more years to come.

Thread Starter #24
Did a 188 KM trip to Pune to Tamhini yesterday. Here are few pictures of beast.

While returning, an XUV owner stopped me and asked for my stepney as his vehicle was punctured. Expressed my inability to do so because if my vehicle gets puncture then I would come in same situation. However called some numbers and arranged RSA for him.

beautyplus_20170703011400_save-resized-800.jpg

beautyplus_20170703011901_save-resized-800.jpg

beautyplus_20170703012036_save-resized-800.jpg

beautyplus_20170703012141_save-resized-800.jpg

beautyplus_20170703012336_save-resized-800.jpg

beautyplus_20170703012619_save-resized-800.jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
Decent Softroading pics there buddy. The weather is just beautiful these days. Wish I could be out each day in the wild!
Any wheel slip or issues you noticed?

Thread Starter #26
Extended warranty purchased on 30th June as it was going to be expensive from 1st July.
Bought it at Rs 23050 for 4th and 5th year or 1,50,000 KMs. The price was same at service centre and website, but I took it from dealer just to make relations. Dealer Unnati Motors sent his executive to my office along with swipe machine.

Decent Softroading pics there buddy. The weather is just beautiful these days. Wish I could be out each day in the wild!
Any wheel slip or issues you noticed?
Didn't gather the courage to put it in tricky situation. In normal slush and mud, no spins so far but wish if I would have AWD.

Thread Starter #28
23k is quite cheap. Does that include RSA?
I had to pay 30k a year and half ago!
I believe previous gen XUVs used to come with standard 2 years warranty.
It also looks like that you have purchased RSA too.
You have bought the RSA at later stage.
So probably high cost of warranty for your vehicle have something related to above points.
XUV 5OO Sheild Warranty Information

RSA are of two types. Mahindra backed up and Dealer Backed up. Dealer backed up RSA is lower in price as it does have limited service area. In my case dealer was insisting me to buy RSA @ Rs 1980 / year. He was not believing me that RSA is already in package of XUV price.

Currently I have 3rd year RSA enabled and if I opt for additional 2 years RSA, it would be 4000 more. So almost close to your price. As your vehicle has standard 2 years RSA so you might have bought 3 years RSA. So overall figure reaches to 30000.

sheild.PNG

P.S. --> Shield warranty is nothing but a renamed health insurance for cars. All manufacturers ties up with insurance companies to make provision of Shield warranty. Younger your car is, lesser the premium would be.

bhvm

Honoured Member
My XUV came with 3 years warranty till 1 Lac Kms.
I brought 4th and 5th year, total till 1.5 lac kms

My XUV came with 2 years RSA, I brought 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Prev Gen XUVs (2011 and 2012) Used to come with Unlimited KMS 3 year warranty.

Top Bottom