Dewars Garage Kolkata Doesn't Hold Promise (Resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends must read.
And funny part is that Alto white color is available with other dealers like One stop, Mohans Udyog, and Bhandari. Being the largest Maruti Dealer in Kolkata I didn't expected from them.

Amartya Biswas

To
Dewar’s Garage Limited
83/1, Topsia Road (South)
Kolkata

Dear Sir
Re: Cancellation of Booking of “Alto 800 LXI, Color – White (NM)”
01. I have booked the captioned car on 17/10/2012 with booking amount of Rs 5000/- paid by way of cheque no.: *** dated 17/10/2012 drawn on State Bank of India, Ruby Park Branch, Kolkata. The cheque has been en-cashed by you of 19/10/2012.
02. The Order Cum Commitment Checklist, inter alia, contains the following which is duly signed by your Sales Executive:
I. Cost of Vehicle: Rs
Ex-showroom price : 299000
Insurance price : 10111
Registration Charges : 18587
Handling Charges : 5500
Others (Logistic) : 2350
On Road Price : 335548

II. Under Dealership Name the name of the following official have been stated:
DSE name: Mr Saroj
TL name : Mr Rahul
03. At the time of booking I was told by Mr Rahul – TL that the car will be available on 25/10/2012 and I should contact him for the payment of balance amount of Rs 330548/- (Rs 335548 – 50000 paid as booking amount). Accordingly I contacted Mr Rahul and to my surprise I was told that the price for my booked model with White color is Rs 348000/- (appx) and white color will not be available before 06/11/2012.
04. I think Mr Rahul has deliberately misinformed me about the price for getting the car booked by me. This is not expected from a dealer of repute like you.
05. In view of the above I would request you to please cancel the booking and refund the booking amount to me with interest @ 15% from the date of booking to the date of payment, immediately.
06. For your ease of reference, I enclose the copy of Order Cum Commitment Checklist. Please note money receipt of Rs. is lost/misplaced. However the details of my payment of booking amount has been given in Para 01 above
Thanking you
Yours truly,

Place: Kolkata
(Amartya Biswas) Date: October 30, 2012

Encl: as above

As for the Dealership review is concern I think I should share some more information about Dewars Garage, Kolkata. I will share the information on point basis. :-

1) Saw the news about all "new Alto 800 will be launched by Maruti-Suzuki in Mid-October" in TAI news thread. So, told my Dad about this news. He was really exited about this news because there was so much emotion attached to the Word "800'' My Father first bought Maruti 800 Standard in 1989. I was just 2 years old that time hehe. I can recall everybody calling Maruti, Maruti by seeing the car. I also said same once I saw other Maruti car, I really enjoyed calling Maruti :D

2) So, after lot research and seeing real photographs in TAI, I and my Dad finally decided to booked the all new Alto 800. So, next day called some dealers about price and availability. They all said Alto 800 will be available after the official launch. Most of the dealers like Bhandari, Mohan's and One-Auto quoted around 3.52 Lkh (on-road) price. I called another Dealer called "Dewars Garage" its being the oldest maruti dealers in Kolkata. Sales person called Rahul quoted me, Rs. 3.30Lakh( on-road) price. I was literally surprised by the huge difference compared among the other dealers.

3) So, on 17th October visited the showroom. They showed the Alto 800 and its new features and blah blah blah. Took some snaps also that I have posted already in TAI news page. So, after getting the final price quotation by Mr. Rahul, I finally decided to Book the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 (white) and paid 5000 rupees by cheque. I told Mr. Rahul that I need the White Alto 800 before 30th October. He assured me not to worry and asked me to contact on 25th October to give remaining balance.

4) On 25th October, I called Mr. Rahul, to my surprises he told me that price of Alto 800(LXI) for Kolkata is 3.48 lakh rupees approx (on-road) and White color will not be available till 6th November.
7) 1st- Mr. Rahul deliberately misinformed me wrong price of Alto 800 in prior to book with their showroom.
2nd- As I have already told him I want the vehicle before 30th October. Till date he assured me to wait few days. But I decided to cancel the booking and get the car from other dealer.

8) Called other dealers "One Auto" which is located near Science City. They told me they have the White Alto 800 Lxi in stock. So, I visited their showroom and paid the amount and I will get the vehicle after 4 days after paperwork's. And in the same day submitted the written documents to Dewars Garage Topsia. My experince with Dewars Garage is totally negative and I will give 0/10 :X

Regards
Tenida

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Dewars Garage Kolkata doesn't hold the promise

As per their company rule Rs. 2000/- will be deducted but as they are not able to hold the commitment. Can I have any chance to get the full amount?

I don't have experience with Dewars, but Maruti being Maruti is generally known to misuse its dominant market position. However this issue can be specific to Dewars.
I think you have done the correct thing in asking for refund. Let us know how it progresses.

re: Dewars Garage Kolkata, Doesn't Hold the Promise, EDIT: Cash refunded

As per company rule you will get the refund after Rs.2000 deduction. I think this is Maruti standard rule.Even if you want to challenge to Maruti that because of dealer problem you are canceling the deal, I think still the rule will stand because cancellation is requested from your side.

They can not hold all your money for sure. But same time there will be a deduction. If possible you can bargain on that, you may get some discount on that.

350Z

Core Team

As per their company rule Rs. 2000/- will be deducted but as they are not able to hold the commitment. Can I have any chance to get the full amount?
False commitments are a common scene across dealerships of all brands. You have full right to insist for a total refund regardless of their policies. It’s their fault at the first place of not keeping the promise. Moreover, they misinformed about the car’s price right in the beginning. It doesn’t looks that the salesperson even had enough courtesy to apologize and update with the correct pricing later on. Also, I’m curious to know if the revised price was specific to white color? Because as far as I know, basic white color is always cheaper than rest of the shades (Read: metallic). Keep us updated on their response.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6

The price was not specific to white color.

Btw. dealer said they will refund the total money(this week) as the fault was from their side. I am totally relieved man now [clap]

so in all fairness, once the dealer pays you the full amount, we hope to see the title of this thread changed to something like " MARUTI DEALER KEEPS PROMISE!!!!!!! "

Thread Starter #8

Yes will ask the mod to change the title after getting the money credited [:D]

Thread Starter #9

Still didn't got any money from dewars Garage :(. So, posted the problem in consumer court and to maruti customer car. Got this reply from Maruti Suzuki

Dear Sir

Re: Not getting refund of Booking amount of Rs 5000

01. I have booked the “Alto 800 LXI, Color – White (NM)”r on 17/10/2012 with booking amount of Rs 5000/- paid by way of cheque no.: 814341 dated 17/10/2012 drawn on State Bank of India, Ruby Park Branch, Kolkata. The cheque has been en-cashed by you of 19/10/2012.

02. The Order Cum Commitment Checklist, inter alia, contains the following which is duly signed by your Sales Executive:

I.

Cost of Vehicle:

Rs

Ex-showroom price

:299000

Insurance price

:

Registration Charges

:

Handling Charges

:

Others (Logistic)

:

On Road Price

:

II. Name of the Dealer

Dewar’s Garage Limited

83/1, Topsia Road (South)

Kolkata

03. At the time of booking I was told by Mr Rahul – TL that the car will be available on 25/10/2012 and I should contact him for the payment of balance amount of Rs 330548/- (Rs 335548 – 50000 paid as booking amount). Accordingly I contacted Mr Rahul and to my surprise I was told that the price for my booked model with White color is Rs 348000/- (appx) and white color will not be available before 06/11/2012.

04. In view of the above I cancelled the booking vide my letter dated 30/10/2012 with a request to refund the booking amount to me with interest @ 15% from the date of booking to the date of payment, immediately.

05. Even after elapse of 2 months and despite my repeated request I have not yet received the refund.

06. Please take suitable steps so that I get the refund of booking amount of Rs 5000 with interest @ 15% from the date of booking to the date of payment, and compensation of further Rs 5000 without further delay.

Thanking you

Yours truly,

Place: Kolkata

(Amartya Biswas) Date: October 30, 2012

Encl: as above
Reply from Maruti Suzuki
" Dear Mr. Biswas,

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.

We have received your communication regarding non refund of booking amount.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We request you to kindly send us your exact contact details (phone number with STD code/ mobile number). This will help us to expedite your query at the earliest.

We are looking forward to receive the desired information. We will do our best to assist you in best possible manner.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.

Regards,

ANY TIME MARUTI
(Call Us- Toll Free: 1800 102 1800 and 1800 1800 180)
24*7 live chat support on SX4 & A-Star web sites (Marutisx4 Men Are back, http://www.marutisuzukiastar.com)
Please visit us at http://www.marutisuzuki.com"

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

Got another reply from Maruti Suzuki

We are immediately forwarding your issue to the concerned department with complaint reference no. 9034xxxxxx You will hear from us soon.
"After this reply Dewars Garage called me told that the cheque is ready sir. You can come get it from us anytime." [lol]

Got another reply from Maruti Suzuki

"After this reply Dewars Garage called me told that the cheque is ready sir. You can come get it from us anytime." [lol]
so you officially dragged them to court or just it was settled through emails?

Thread Starter #12

so you officially dragged them to court or just it was settled through emails?
Posted in consumer court but later it settle over email and phone calls. The dealer communicated with us after posting the problem with MGA.

Thread Starter #13

Dewars garage sent me an email. :)

" Dear Sir,

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you and its happened due to the delay in dispatched of your car.

I would like to inform you that your refund cheque of Rs. 5000/- is lying down with us so kindly collect it from our Topsia Showroom .

Feel free to call us for any clarification :

With regards,

Madhumita Ghosh
"

Last edited:

So you are getting the full amount refunded!!! What happened to the 2000/- being deducted as Maruti policy an all that blah-blah.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #15

So you are getting the full amount refunded!!! What happened to the 2000/- being deducted as Maruti policy an all that blah-blah.

freakdude.
Yeah getting the full amount [lol] Dunno about the deduction [clap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom