Detailing Your Car - The Proper Way

@Recycle art
This is really very good demonstration of car detailing. Thanks for the efforts you put in to share this across the forum.

What do you use for polishing the plastic parts. especially the interiors (dash board & stuff)?

Thread Starter #18
@Recycle art
This is really very good demonstration of car detailing. Thanks for the efforts you put in to share this across the forum.

What do you use for polishing the plastic parts. especially the interiors (dash board & stuff)?
Thanks mate, here to help in anyway I can :)

For interior plastics, I just vacuum the whole car, then get a hair dryer and put it on low heat and blow away as much loose dirt off as I can in tight spaces and then I use some armor all dashboard protectant and spread it evenly over the dash plastics and the surroundings.

And for the fabric, every three months, I use a steam cleaner with a mild detergent to get rid of virtually any dirt that was soaked into it. eg sweat, drinks..

Makes the car a much better place to live in after that :)

Thanks mate, here to help in anyway I can :)

For interior plastics, I just vacuum the whole car, then get a hair dryer and put it on low heat and blow away as much loose dirt off as I can in tight spaces and then I use some armor all dashboard protectant and spread it evenly over the dash plastics and the surroundings.

And for the fabric, every three months, I use a steam cleaner with a mild detergent to get rid of virtually any dirt that was soaked into it. eg sweat, drinks..

Makes the car a much better place to live in after that :)
That is indeed a very good input. I am gonna try this for the interiors this weekend. I really need to work on cleaning the fabric on door panels.

Very excellent way to keep up vehicle clean and make it look like new it is been very good information mentioned on this post and it is been quite very relevant also, for all the person who love their vehicle.

I know i am very late here, but still, many thanks for this thread. You have covered the exterior detailing very minutely, do post some tips about interior maintenance too. I see that your car dash is sparkling even after so many years of ownership.

Car washing, Interior cleaning & Car detailing

Hello TAI Friends,

I have been going through many website and forum and visited few car cleaning spas in last Couple of Weeks since I have planned to detail my Wagon R and VW Polo. This is one of the interesting areas and there are many products available in market and confusing too!!! I gathered some information’s from various source regarding car detailing and starting with my car interiors cleaning from tomorrow. I believe we can only do it and will be a good Hobby and exercise for body instead of paying couple of bucks outside (Personal Choice!!!)

Will be sharing my own experience, Product details & Procedure I followed etc with Pictures here in TAI hereafter. Also am awaiting all the inputs from fellow TAI members for the best results.

Happy Car Cleaning [clap]

Can we have the list of products with brand name,product name, costs if available for that product of members who have them posted in this very thread itself will help many members to know and get the prices as well, please do pour in your inputs.

Car Detailing

1) Exterior cleaning
2) Interior Cleaning

1) Exterior cleaning / Detailing Consist the simple below procedures

Carwash ( Should be weekly or at least in every 15 days)
Quick detailing With a clay Bar
Swirl removing (Optional)
Car Polish
Car Wax

I am planning for exterior cleaning later so will share my details soon , need to source few original products
===========================================

Today I Did a Interior Cleaning Section
Time taken 2 Hrs
Product Used _ Eureka Fobs Easy clean Vacuum cleaner 800 W (2300 K)- To bow and sack dust also help to clean fabrics
please note : Don’t buy local 500- 600 bucks portable VACCUM coz power and doesn’t have air blow function and resut wont be good

1) Meguiar's natural shine protector -Maintain that "like new" look on dashboards, trim, tires and more. Natural Shine’s complex formula includes mild cleaning agents that help remove daily dirt and grime and restore original, natural finish. Includes UV blockers to help reduce the effects caused by the sun.

2)Meguiar's NXT Glass cleaner to clean glass parts

result was worth for my work - always try to source quality products as there are many duplicate products in market , I got the products from 3m care care

and read many reviews Meguiar's prodcts are worth or the money i believe

Attachments

Have look at the shine and its super clean ( look@ ac Knob ..its clean and fine Finnish

Spray the meguiar's natural shine protector and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth (I used 3m)
Before spraying i vacuum and blow car's interior

Attachments

See the finish near door step were all the dirt was , now the original back Finnish

and see the micro fiber cloth difference a used one and new one
the cleaner really help to grab a the dust from dashboard and other parts and gave a shining look

Attachments

Products i Used

Amway Car Wash - For simple weekly Wash - 214 Rs
Eureka Fobs Easy clean Vacuum cleaner 800 W– 2300 K
Meguiar's natural shine protector for Dashboard and other parts - 570 Rs
Meguiar's NXT Glass cleaner -523 Rs
3M micro fiber cloth - RS 220 for two towel

also have look @ the third pic car shining Class after using meguiar's NXT Glass cleaner

Attachments

A day well spent,9:00-17:00 with a half an hour lunch break on my brand new Yokohama Geolandar A/T- all four wheels
with some white paint and a paint brush.

scor4.jpg

tyre.jpg

scor3.jpg

:cool:

I have been looking for a car polishing machine for DIY polishing - there are off course plenty and i will use them once a quarter or so , came across 2 options one dirt cheap on ebay and other a proper black and decker unit, the second obviously will be good no doubts.

On the cheap unit have a question if someone else has really used them and is it practical for simple DIY polishing(or practically powerless), attaching both links below. The specs are vastly different but i am looking more for your experiences and results.

Original Coido Car Polisher (Wax & Polish) 12V DC | eBay

Black&Decker KP1200 Random Orbital,Dual Action Car Polisher-120w-10 inch-3600rpm | eBay

Last edited:

Top Bottom