Detailing Your Car - The Proper Way

Have look at the shine and its super clean ( look@ ac Knob ..its clean and fine Finnish

Spray the meguiar's natural shine protector and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth (I used 3m)
Before spraying i vacuum and blow car's interior
have you used the protector on the beige parts of your interior?

That was a great write-up buddy , thanks a lot! I am still searching for a chamois cloth and a clay bar kit here , we Indians here don't care much about the paint , not many shops stock it![frustration]

1. Is your paint finish swirl free? How do remove swirls? I think swirls are unavoidable but how to keep them minimal?
Hope you get clay bar and chamois cloth. As you said swirls are UN-avoidable, specially in Indian conditions. But you can avoid them for a certain amount of time with proper washing technique and products.
And, now in Indians do start caring about car paints. And thanks to the technology that we get to know each other and sharing ideas and views about various techniques and products. [:)]

What is the difference between wax vs clay vs sealant vs polish?
My 2 cents.
Wax- Wax is kind of protective layer to the polished/washed surface. Scratches aren't removed .
Polish- Polish can remove minor scratches giving the surface a shine
Sealant: Mostly a synthetic product used to protect a paint surface and gives the best shine and lasting protection than wax. Also protects from UV and environmental contamination.
Clay: Claying removes bonded/stuck contaminants from the paint surface, mostly on the clear coat.

I am planning to do detailing in following order -

1) wash the car with 3M Car shampoo and Crab washing mitt, Tooth brush for grill, Paint brush for alloys
2) Clay the car with Carpro Polyshave Block and Proklear rinseless wash as Lube
3) apply Meguiars Ultimate Polish with Meguiars applicator pads
4) apply Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
5) apply Meguiar's NXT 2.0 wax

I'll be doing this whole process by hand.

My query - Is Ultima Elastrofoam (₹1770) better than Carpro Polyshave Block (₹750)? 'Double-the-price' better?

Any other suggestion?

is it compounding first and then polishing second ?
i would suggest you go with either of them but ensure sufficient clay lube.Definitely when one is a little heftier on the cost ,we do think twice.Marring left behind after claying needs to be compounded and polished in either case .Also make sure the grit grade on the clay blocks are medium to fine grade/extra fine

Yes please complete compounding and then polishing followed by waxing or sealant application
Thanks. Just watched the video again to which I have shared the link just above. AMMO explains it really well, That -
Compounding is done to remove scratches and swirls from paint and Polishing is done to remove scratches induced by Compounding.

One more query - Since Monsoon is already upon us and it is heavily downpouring in JBP daily, should I postpone my detailing process? Coz car already gets very dirty every day.

One quick question -
I washed and clayed my car over 2 days i.e. Friday and Saturday. Then I started Compounding but could only do Half-complete as I had to go to Office. So thought of continuing the work after office. But it started raining while I was in Office and hasn't stopped yet. Though my car stands under a Plastic Shed but it has completely drenched from the sideward sprays. What should I do now?

Drying -
1) Let it dry itself
or
2) Cloth wipe it?

Detailing -
1) Repeat entire process from Washing then Claying then Compound then Polish then Wax
Or
2) Continue from where I left of i.e. Compound the second-half then Polish then Wax.

I haven't driven the Car since Saturday to avoid it getting any dirty. But I may need to drive it now, since I have to go to office or should I avoid it and manage on my activa

Top Bottom