Delhi Registered Car Re-Registration in Kerala

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

How much tax to be paid to Kerala RTO when a Delhi Regitered vehicle transferred to Kerala?

What is the procedure?

The Registration charges varies from state to state.

I just give you some idea about what I did while transferring my own car from Pune to Mangalore, so you get some tips.

I got the transfer letter from Pune and approached RTO - Mangalore. I had to fill up the transfer form and submit the transfer letter along with Original Registration, along with print of Engine number etc. I had to pay the new Registration charges of Karnataka state and got the receipt which haD to be preserved till I got the new Registration number. Normally it takes about a month and it comes by Registered post to the Home address. ::::::I has not taken the help of any Agent, since it was my own car and filling up the form was very easy.

One more point I wish to share. The road Tax and Registration charge in Maharashtra state was less than in Karnataka. After getting the new Registration letter, I applied for refund of Road Tax of Maharashtra state and it took about 2 months to get back my refund, as ROAD TAX IS ONE TIME PAYMENT.

Also remember, if the car is more than 15 yrs old, you have to get the Re - validation certificate which is a must.

one more point, you need the Valid Car Policy and also the latest Pollution Test Certificate.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Mr.Shenoy for the answer. If I buy the car from Delhi and re register in Kerala, the road tax is refundable from Delhi?

Last edited:
Legally yes but you need a friend in Delhi to follow it up as Delhi is a notorious place, where as people in Pune are decent. ) I mean RTO staff from top to bottom).

For eg while moving from Delhi to Pune, I never got the refund of my deposit of Rs 15000 from MTNL - Delhi, whereas I got my refund of Rs 3000 easily from Pune Telephone within 2 months to my home address in Mangalore.

I just read a news a while ago that Transport ministry is going to announce that there would not be any new re registration tax to be paid if one moves to other states. This will be a great relief for all for sure.

Thanks Mr.Shenoy for the answer. If I buy the car from Delhi and re register in Kerala, the road tax is refundable from Delhi?
Make sure the car is BS4 else re registration may be an issue. technically tax is refundable but practically difficult to get.

Which car are you looking for ? Used cars are cheapest in Kolkata , then Mumbai and then in Delhi. Search accordingly.

Top Bottom