Delhi - Nainital - Delhi May 2012

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI,

I am planning a trip to Nainital during mid May 2012. Please suggest me the best route and the stopover places enroute to Nainital.

Also if you can give some good options of hotels over there will be great help.

Regards

the following is the details who could get u a good deal...& according to ur Budget Requirements. My reference: Jasvir Singh from Ludhiana, if he asks.

Ayush Dhand

Inbound & Domestic Tour Manager

Mobile Number :- +919873933534

HOLIDAY LINKS PVT. LTD
21, Community Center, East of Kailash,

New Delhi-110065, INDIA

Hot Lines +91-11- 46608888 (50 Lines) / Fax: +91-11-41621242

Website: Tour to India,India Tours,India Hotels, Travel to India, India Travel, India Vacation, India Travel Tours Operator, Budget North India Holiday Packages, Culture Tours, India Adventure Tours, India Tourism

Website: India Tour,Tour to India,India Tour Packages,India Tour Operators,India Tour Guide,India Tourism

Hi TAI,

I am planning a trip to Nainital during mid May 2012. Please suggest me the best route and the stopover places enroute to Nainital.

Regards
Best of luck for the trip.

Me too planning for same but after few months. I will advice you to read some travelogues for the same.

Please , do post your travelogue once you come back.

Hi TAI,

Regards
Delhi - Nainital road Status as of April 2012

Route 1: via Moradabad - Tanda - Bazpur - Kaladungi

Bridge is broken shortly after Tanda. Detour involves taking a horrible, broken, potholed country (village track) that goes towards Kashipur, crossing a small iron bridge and rejoining the highway that comes from Kashipur - Rudrapur. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Route 2: via Moradabad - Rampur - Rudrapur - Haldwani.

There is major road relaying/construction work going on between Bilaspur - Rudrapur. Traffic is piled up for miles the road reminds you of what hell must be like. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Which really leaves us with no choice...

Option 3: via Moradabad - Pipalsana - Kashipur -- then turn towards Rudrapur but take left halfway through towards Bazpur (and therefore return to the better part of Option 1)

Not sure how this route is currently.

Your best bet would be:

Delhi - Ghaziabad - Hapur - Garh Mukteshwar- Moradabad - Rampur - Bilaspur - Rudrapur - Haldwani - Kathgodam - Nainital

Thread Starter #6
Hey Toughguy !

Thanks for the help . I know there is a new highway being built which helps us avoid Moradabad city traffic . Is the third option the same option ?

Thanks Jazd27 - I will contact them for deals on hotels.

Regards

I just got back from a 3 day trip to Ranikhet via Nainital. The route I took was Ghaziabad-Garh Mukhteshwar-Gajraula-Moradabad-Rampur-Haldwani-Nainital. Try to leave early, traffic jam around Garh Mukhteshwar is really killing. One piece of advice, right before Garh Mukhteshwar and after crossing the bridge, keep yourself on left, its going to be relatively faster. While coming back, I took Ranikhet-Bhatroj Khan-Ramnagar-Kashipur-Mordabad-Ghz-Delhi route. Traffic on the latter is smooth, although roads aren't, hence avoid Kashipur-Kaladunghi-Nainital and Kashipur-Ramnagar-Nainital route. I would suggest take the former one through Rampur and Haldwani as has been suggested by Toughguy also.

Eateries en-route: Bikaner, Mc Donalds, Dominos all at Gajraula right after Garh Mukhteshwar. I didn't stop anywhere on my way to Ranikhet though.

Last edited:
Hi diehardi20,

When you are planning to undertake this trip?

Today i booked a hotel near Nainital for 19th and 20th May will start from Delhi on 19th morning will update you about the road condition subsequently and if you are planning to start before that then please update me about the current road condition.

Regards,
TG

Thread Starter #14
Hey TG!

I am taking this trip on 17th May and will be back on 20th May. Due to limited access to internet, I will not be able to give you an update, however you can PM me and take my number and I can give you live updates.

Regards

Hey TG!

I am taking this trip on 17th May and will be back on 20th May. Due to limited access to internet, I will not be able to give you an update, however you can PM me and take my number and I can give you live updates.

Regards
Ok then in this case i can get live updates will PM you the details.

19th May 2012

Reached Nainital today, started at 5:15am from Delhi and reached our hotel in Bhowali which is further 12km from Nainital at 2:00 pm, intially i planned for Rampur-Kathgodam route but just after Moradabad toll there is a long traffic jam, traffic was lined up in wrong side of lane too situation was grim due to ongoing road relaying work, it will take 2-3 hrs to cross this mess, like numerous other travellers i too change my route and decided to take Kashipur-Bajpur route but on reaching Tanda turn i inquired from locals and some Delhi taxi guys coming from that side, finally i took this Tanda-Kaladhungi route which was quite scenic, only problem is 30km bad roads around Tanda and Bazpur but it was manageable, in the evening visited mall road and had boat ride, local site seeing for tomorrow is planned.

DSC01691.JPG

Road condition near Tanda

DSC01712.JPG

Road condition near Bazpur

DSC01744.JPG

Excellent road condition as you enter Uttarakhand

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom